Company Name: Emerald
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is passionate about creating, promoting and hosting awesome events for business executives. The ideal candidate will enjoy working and collaborating with a team on budgets, agenda and logistics for our fast-growing events—the B2B Marketing Exchange (B2BMX); B2B Sales & Marketing Exchange (B2BSMX) and Retail Innovation Conference and Expo (RICE)—as well as smaller regional events and online events.
The Event Marketing Manager must be a confident, polished professional who is organized, energetic, intelligent, proactive, detail oriented and able to develop and executes live and digital conventions, conferences, series, corporate meetings, the corporate travel program and all other company events. The ability to think strategically, multitask, manage projects from inception to completion, communicate effectively, troubleshoot problems, meet deadlines, and respond to changing priorities is critical in this role. The Event Marketing Manager is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to stakeholders and producing quality work product.
- Plan, coordinate and implement special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects including any digital events and our live events.
- Lead event marketing and operations team and processes – including logistics related to speakers, sponsors, and attendees as well as reporting for live and digital events, including webinars and roundtables.
- Cultivate relationships with event partners; manage sponsorship/speaking opportunities.
- Review contracts/invoices and manages budgeting decisions.
- Develop and manage annual event calendar.
- Develop compelling materials and use social media to promote events.
- Budget, plan and coordinate with business, content and creative leads to create a strong presence at each event including speaking arrangements, client meetings, giveaways, sales collateral and marketing assets.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems onsite/online.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Effectively negotiate terms and conditions with event venues and partners to meet service expectations and ensures appropriate expense management.
- Handle all aspects of event management, including venue selection, audio visual arrangement, and food and beverage, in conjunction with activities, transportation and other operational logistics.
- Manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Research new and unique venues, vendors, event products and branding material to help market and execute high-end events
- Minimum 3 years of related experience within the professional services industry.
- Proven event management experience; impressive portfolio of previously managed events.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and a passion for quality work.
- Ability to interact easily with a demanding group of sales and marketing team members, appropriately juggling requests from different individuals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, handle internal clients with tact and diplomacy, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline.
- High level of energy/self-starter.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Ability to understand complex business information and effectively communicate key messages to and on behalf of all levels of management and staff; understand effective messaging to an audience.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- MS Office proficiency.
Emerald offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), uncapped vacation for exempt team members, sick days, short-term and long-term disability, maternity and parental leave, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.