Company Name: Zelis
Location: New Jersey, United States
Type: Full Time
The Marketing Events Manager is an experienced event marketing professional who is responsible for supporting the strategic planning and execution of segment specific events and association memberships, with a specific focus on industry events, tradeshows and sponsorships. In this role, the successful candidate will be strategic, data driven and deliver exceptional execution of event activations. They will also possess a client-centric and relationships-oriented mindsight; working directly with Sales and other stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive approach to their aligned segment.
The Marketing Events Manager position reports to the Director of Events and will work closely with the entire Marketing organization and cross-functionally with other key stakeholders.
- Develop an events strategy (with assistance from Director, Events) for segment specific events and aligned industry memberships
- Analyze and recommend optimal engagement across each event/membership; assessing proper mix of event engagements to meet event goals and objectives (e.g. tradeshow booths, sponsorships, speaking opportunities)
- Provide consultation on all aspects of segment specific events and association/membership benefits on behalf of events (e.g. as part of campaign planning)
- Provide on-going evaluation across each event and membership and how to adapt for Zelis’ current, and future revenue generating and brand positioning needs
- Manage, measure and report on effectiveness of events and other activation tactics, including key metrics, KPIs and benchmarks
- Leads project management of all events/memberships in partnership with Sales and segment marketing
- Responsible for coordinating all logistical and tactical needs for segment specific events, including, sponsorship/booth activations, pre- and post-conference campaigns and communications (including social media, email, meeting requests, etc.)
- Responsible for ordering and keeping inventory of all marketing promotional items, cut sheets, and tradeshow displays
- Partners with the Marketing Operations Coordinator on vendor management processes, including new vendor submissions, and legal and finance agreements.
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Understanding of how events support the full customer journey, including both revenue generation and brand building
- Experience managing external and hosted event engagements and sponsorships
- Proficient with MS Office programs and related marketing/ communications technologies – Hubspot and Cvent are not required, but a plus
- Preferred: Management of third-party memberships/association
Education + Background:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience
- BS Marketing, Business, or related degree
- Healthcare (tech) experience preferred
- Strong communication/writing skills (including some copywriting)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven history of being both strategic and analytical in prior roles
- Travel up to 15% of the time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.