Company Name: Verizon
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Type: Full Time
What you’ll be doing…
As the Marketing Events Manager, you will be responsible for managing all business to business (B2B) tradeshow events, sponsorships, memberships, and chambers. You’ll leverage those events and partnerships to increase customer and revenue growth, and improve the overall customer experience for assigned business clients nationwide. Using your strong organization, project management, and communication skills you will manage the strategy and execution of all Tier 3-4 national events.
- Spearheading Verizon’s external customer event and tradeshow strategy, including but not limited to: identifying key events, internal team training for attendees (elevator pitch, demos, etc.), maintaining pre- and post-show communication, and event attendance.
- Defining and unifying brand voice and transparency cross segments.
- Decision-making authority to drive autonomy through respective customer segments, digital/social engagement as well as key executive stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution of customer events are achieved.
- Negotiating and executing contracts for large- and small-scale events.
- Creating and evaluating opportunities for co-marketing efforts with partners and vendors to ensure support, partnership, and execution of product portfolios is achieved.
- Drive marketing influenced pipeline and generate Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL)through onsite activation’s and support of the sales team.
- Analyzing, tracking, and reporting on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using CRM, email marketing, project management, and related systems.
- Conducting market research and gathering information based on verticals and market penetration to ensure event strategy and results are achieved.
- Decision-making authority on evaluation of budget and spend for events.
- Negotiating and executing financial spend, reconciling and invoicing.
- Analyzing budget verses actualfinancial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations of event strategy are within budget.
- Creating and evaluating business case justificaton per event strategy to align with budget allocations.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of experience with managing trade shows or events in a marketing, sales, sales operations or related field.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications or other service industry.
- Ability to manage highly complex, cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, on multiple assignments, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in strategy, planning and execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to all levels of leadership.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.