Company Name: TCGplayer
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Marketing Events Manager to lead and implement all aspects of the TCGplayer event strategy. This includes: annual event & budget planning, pre-event planning, internal and external communications plans, vendor management, event execution and post-event follow-up. This role will work closely with cross-functional TCGplayer and eBay teams including Senior Leadership, Marketing, Creative Services, Business Development, Sales, Customer Support, Product and Supply Chain to develop event-campaign themes, assets, and timelines ensuring all events align with our company priorities, brand message and image.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Marketing Events Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of TCGplayer’s events and sponsorships strategy. This role is responsible for creating and implementing campaigns that drive brand awareness, deepen engagement with our customers, and acquire new leads. This role is best suited for a highly motivated and inspiring marketing leader with an intense focus on the customer with the capability to improve commercial outputs and growth. The Marketing Events manager will deliver world class marketing events strategies, deliver multiple events per year to engage our partners and customers.
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Develop and implement an integrated events and sponsorships strategy that supports TCGplayer’s marketing priorities and goals
- Plan, manage, and drive all aspects of events: including annual event & budget planning, pre-event planning, internal and external communications plans, vendor management, and post-event follow-up
- Conduct research and find opportunities for new events and sponsorships that align with TCGplayer’s business and target market
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, business development, sales, product, and creative, to develop event-campaign themes, assets, and timelines
- Manage event budgets, provide cost estimates, track expenses, and report ROI
- Evaluate the efficiency of each event and sponsorship, and make recommendations for future events and sponsorships that drive customer engagement and increase ROI
- Ensure that all events align with TCGplayer’s values
- Manage multiple events simultaneously including task prioritization, timeline management, resource allocation, and effective coordination with cross-functional teams.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of experience in marketing event management, with experience managing multiple events simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Strong understanding of event marketing processes and demonstrated track record of creating and delivering successful events and sponsorships
- History of negotiating favorable terms for contracts, sponsorships, and vendor agreements to improve the value of event investments
- Ability to travel for team on sites, partner visits, and to attend events
You’ll Go Beyond If You Have
- Relationships and experience in collectible card game events ecosystem is a plus
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Continuing knowledge in the field of market trends and industry landscape
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Salary: $106,800 – $162,800
TCGplayer, a subsidiary company of eBay, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.