Company Name: OpenAI
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for an Events Manager who combines creativity with organization and attention to detail. This role requires flexibility, quick decision-making, and the ability to handle multiple cross-functional projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong collaborative skills and can work across teams to deliver impactful events that reflect OpenAI’s values.
As a Marketing Events Manager, you’ll work closely with OpenAI’s Communications & Marketing teams to understand product roadmaps and enterprise initiatives. You will be at the forefront of project managing, strategizing, and executing events that tell the best stories about our products and services. Events include executive summits, brand activations, developer conferences, customer events, workshops, and more – locally and around the world.
We’re looking for someone who shares our love for technology and how it can positively impact humanity. They will integrate into a culture oriented around pushing boundaries, striving for excellence, thinking outside the box, and bringing authentic personality into the work OpenAI does every day.
In This Role, You Will:
- Project manage high-touch events across different marketing and communications goals. You’ll bring together key partners with individual goals and will drive progress toward a unified strategy through events.
- Manage multi-faceted budgets.
- Research and secure vendors for various event needs and see contracts through to approval.
- Organize attendee information and oversee the processes for registration, guest experiences, and event communications.
- Work closely with Design to ensure guests have an excellent impression of OpenAI through event communications and visual designs – both digitally and physically throughout events.
- Manage post-event follow up, including gathering feedback and evaluating event success.
- Strategize new ways for our teams to operate efficiently – not being afraid to try new things and suggest new approaches.
- Work with our data and revenue operations teams to track the effectiveness of our events, and use data to inform decisions.
- Manage different event formats like executive dinners, several types of webinars, community meetups, product launch events, and user conferences
You Might Thrive In This Role If You:
- Have 7+ years of experience in events management, marketing, communications, project management or other related fields.
- Have experience executing multi-faceted small- and large-scale events on strict timelines with the partnership of various senior- and executive-level business stakeholders.
- Are energized by collaboration and trying new things.
- Have familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce or similar), marketing automation tools (e.g., HubSpot or similar), and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness
- Have a deep interest in artificial intelligence and technology’s ability to improve people’s lives.
Annual Salary Range
Benefits And Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.