Company Name: Columbia Bank
Type: Full Time
The Marketing Events Coordinator provides project management, administrative support and general event coordination as assigned by the Marketing Events Manager. Works independently on special projects according to agreed timelines and special requests. Brand Ambassador for Columbia Bank Provide outstanding customer experiences and organize memorable events that deliver on the banks expectations.
- Works keep an event running smoothly and on time and free of as many complications as possible
- Oversees idea concepts, execution and follow up of events
- Supports the Marketing team in implementing events and programs
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to implement event strategies and maintain a working relationship with them
- Research applicable events, coordinate logistics, and drive follow up activities for all events
- Execute event marketing plans
- Deliver breakthrough ideas and innovative event activities/tactics that attract new customers and drive engagement
- Regularly analyze and report on marketing event performance
- Manage expenses to budget and communicate budget status on a regular basis to manager
- Engage audiences and promote event awareness
- Interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Seek unique opportunities that build brand awareness in the marketplace
- Ensure all activities adhere to the defined budget
- Proactive in keeping with the current trends and changes within the industry in order to be a resource to the bank
- Actively participate in community events/organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar discipline preferred
- Some related work experience. Prior event coordination or other hospitality experience
- Building proficiency in organizational, time management, and customer service skills
- Building integrated marketing, social media and analytical skills
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to provide solutions
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a keen desire to make a difference
- Warm and engaging demeanor
- Excellent communicator (both verbally and in writing), able to build strong working relationships
- Proficient in building working relationships with vendors and venues
- Possess the ability to evaluate, collaborate, influence and engage in healthy debate and discussion
- Building project management skills
- Building end-to-end event management skills
- Must meet the required minimum of 25 events planned annually
- Must meet the required minimum of 20 community events attended
- Learning how to coordinate projects cross-functionally
- Building proficiency with various software applications programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications
- Ability to travel to the event with own reliable transportation. Must be able to carry event items in your vehicle
- Ability to lift and transport at least 30-40 lbs. of weight
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment