Company Name: Burr & Forman
Location: Birmingham, AL
Type: Full Time
Burr & Forman LLP, a growing, forward thinking law firm with 360 attorneys and 19 offices across the Southeast, is seeking qualified candidates for a Marketing Events Coordinator position located in Birmingham, Alabama or Atlanta, Georgia.
With an important role in a progressive, highly-respected, and hard-working team, the Marketing Event Coordinator’s overarching role is to take ownership, pride, and a proactive role in supporting the Firm’s marketing initiatives through event and administrative responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and coordinates with the entire marketing team and event support network.
This position will be an integral part of the firm’s marketing department, absorbing the knowledge and inner workings on how the Firm’s marketing strategies play a major role in the overall success of the Firm. This position will serve as the point person for executing events that are critical in elevating the Firm’s client development and culture. This will require frequent travel across the southeast for critical events to ensure quality, coordination, and responsiveness. These events include large onsite and offsite legal events, as well as VIP-oriented client social events such as sporting events and concerts.
Marketing Event Support
- Coordinate, manage,
and execute all logistics for internal and external events under supervision of
the Director of Marketing, estimated at 100 per year of varying sizes.
This will include direct communications with attorneys and occasionally include
working outside of normal work hours and travel. Specific events
- Event Brief, confirming expectations, budget, scope and success.
- Event invite lists, working with Client Communications Manager and attorneys to ensure the quality of the invite lists.
- Onsite logistics for firm events including, but not limited to: nametags, food & drink, set-up, materials, AV, decoration, speakers, transportation, parking, and breakdown, in coordination with local I.T. and operations staff.
- Point person for outside venues and vendors, including transportation.
- Event photos for internal and social media promotion.
- If a sponsored event, handle the ordering and distribution of Firm event tickets and ensure that all agreed-upon deliverables have been received.
- Post-event surveys
- Oversee and monitor the budgets and expenses for all events.
- Maintain and distribute the marketing event calendar through email, intranet and website.
- Obtain and maintain data on invites/attendees, post-event surveys and expenses to report monthly to team and leadership on results and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the firm’s significant ticket commitments (packages, suites, etc. such as Birmingham Baron’s suite), including catering orders.
- Oversee the planning of smaller client dinners within the firm.
- Oversee and manage the firm’s internal “event support network” and utilize as needed.
- Establish and enhance relationships with preferred vendors.
Marketing Administrative Assistance
- Manage the ordering and ongoing distribution of physical marketing and promotion inventory, including giveaways, firmwide brochures, proposal packaging materials, attorney nametags and business cards.
- Manage the marketing aspects of new attorney onboarding, including photos, business cards, name tags, stationary, etc.
- Coordinate the firm’s response to and promotion of targeted legal surveys, estimated 50 a year but excludes Chambers.
- Assist in PR activities including event promotion and providing content for the website.
- Manage several significant firmwide client communication projects, including annual holiday card and client appreciation gift mailings.
- Assist the Director of Marketing in various administrative tasks, including coordinating monthly administrative leadership calls.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior event management experience required.
- Experience in a corporate or professional services environment/culture.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfort using internet-based technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide great client service, handle sensitive information, and greet guests by phone or in person. Requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and professional appearance.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize reports, find solutions to various event, process, and information problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to understand the work ethic and management style of direct leaders in an effort to be proactive and ensure great team performance.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Writing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Must be flexible, demonstrating the ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced work environment. May include periodically working around standard work hours to meet client service demands.
- Must have a positive attitude, as well as be assertive and confident.
- Must demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Burr & Forman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.