Company Name: Koch Industries
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Koch Engineered Solutions is seeking an Event Planner to join the KES Marketing team to work with internal and external stakeholders to plan and execute successful meetings and events. The Event Planner is a highly visible role which demands extensive customer service and communication skills, a high level of professionalism and willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings and events. The event planner will be responsible for planning and managing business meetings, conferences, customer entertainment functions and other company-sponsored events. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. The candidate must also be a great team member and willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory. The Event Planner will report to the Marketing Communications Manager.
Position will be ideally based in the Wichita, KS, Atlanta, GA areas or near any Koch office location. This is a hybrid role, with workplace flexibility and entails up to 10%-15% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the tactical execution of company attended tradeshows and event opportunities as well as self-produced events to include onsite presence, schedules, vendor management and logistics.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales and other cross-functional teams to determine show selection, strategies, and objectives, as well as pre-and post- show marketing tactics.
- Executes meeting planning activities including property sourcing, site visits/inspections, budgeting, scheduling, on-site staffing, audio visual and housing resources, coordination of travel services, ground transportation supervision and all other event related services.
- Manage contractual agreements with hotel properties, Destination Management Companies, Audio Visual Production companies, event management and all other vendors that provide meeting and event-related services
- Oversee logistics and deliverables for tradeshows: included but not limited to booking booth and meeting space, registration badges, managing housing, tradeshow services, booth display, giveaways, shipments, and multimedia needs.
- Work with external event and tradeshow organizers, vendors, and associations, internal and external clients.
- Coordinate all advertising and marketing services to support events, tradeshows, sponsorships, agreements, and contract commitments.
- Collaborate with marketing creative teams to define marketing production deliverables (brochures, presentations, collateral, videos, and giveaways), facilitate review and approval, and ensure on-time completion of materials to meet deadlines, objectives, and budgets.
- Compile post meeting metrics, analysis, and actionable insights.
- Prepare, track, and reconcile all event, tradeshow, marketing service and advertising related expenses operating within annual budget.
- Develop and maintain annual events, tradeshows, marketing services and advertising calendars and databases, track timelines and tasks.
- Research & identify new events and tradeshows KES should attend to align with business strategies.
- Performs related marketing duties as assigned
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws
The Experience You Will Bring
- Event management experience with small and large scale, complex events
- Event management experience with virtual, hybrid and in-person events
- Experience managing tradeshow and event financials
- Experience with online event management software
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.