Company Name: Microsoft
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
Microsoft Cloud offers powerful tools that give businesses a competitive advantage, flexibility, and an unlimited platform for growth. The Microsoft Cloud Communications Manager will bring this advantage to life by leveraging a combination of storytelling, communication strategy, and relationship management skills. Cloud Marketing comprises six teams each focused on unique products and disciplines within the Microsoft Cloud portfolio. The Microsoft Cloud Communications Manager will work across these organizations, and with the broader Microsoft community, to build, land, and evolve a cohesive Microsoft Cloud narrative. We are looking for someone who brings a passion for technology and cloud services, a belief in the broader company mission, the ability to tell a compelling story, and the experience to develop and execute an effective communications strategy that positively influences perceptions among multiple audiences.
- Collaborates across the organization to develop a comprehensive narrative that generates positive perceptions of Microsoft Cloud and aligns to current business priorities.
- Effectively uses data and insights to inform and evolve storytelling.
- Proactively engages with internal and external stakeholders to develop stories that land with diverse audiences.
- Drives Microsoft Cloud content development while supporting decision making in determining messaging needs throughout the organization.
- Leverages technical expertise, experience, and knowledge of successful communication campaigns to determine the appropriate formats of a given story for varied and evolving target audiences.
- Thinks beyond individual product capabilities and collaborates across teams, partnering with key stakeholders to land an aligned narrative across marketing engines including web, social, customer storytelling, press/analyst relations, and more
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes the impact of messaging and storytelling, and adjusts adjusts messaging materials to achieve greater impact
- Gathers, leverages, and synthesizes data to guide insights, iterate solutions, and socialize key findings and impact with stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, or related field AND 2+ years Communications, Marketing Operations, Field Operations, Program Management, Project Management, or related experience.
- 4+ years Communications, Marketing Operations, Field Operations, Program Management, Project Management, or related experience Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills: Self-starter able to manage multiple priorities independently, with an ability to think “big picture”.
- Outstanding project management skills and time management skills.
- Good judgment, personal accountability, high integrity – can be a trusted advisor to senior leaders.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.