Company Name: Alzheimer’s Association
Location: Rogers, AR
Type: Full Time
The Constituent Events Manager plays a key role in achieving budgetary and strategic goals as part of the Alzheimer’s Association Arkansas Chapter. This position is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Association’s branded events – The Longest Day and RivALZ. The Manager will be accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of volunteer committees. This position is also responsible for planning and executing other special events along with volunteer recruitment and training. With year-round activities and events, the Constituent Events Manager is responsible for working with staff, volunteers, and community members to achieve established development goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as staff lead for a portfolio of events including though not limited to The Longest Day and RivALZ.
- Actively recruit, train, and support high impact volunteers that will assist in growing revenue as well as increasing concern and awareness throughout chapter territory.
- Represent Chapter at public events, conferences and media events as assigned.
- Provide support to overall fundraising operations to include volunteer management; customer service to constituents; database mining and management; donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations; etc.
- Adhere to all branding and marketing efforts as outlined by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required; track event budgets and maintain financial records for events.
- Participate in all staff, team, committee and other internal and external meetings as requested.
- Participate in conferences and training as requested.
- Contribute to creating a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, staff and departments.
- Significant travel within related territory; general travel within state and region for conferences and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3+years of development/fundraising experience and/or sales experience/background understanding diverse communities, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer retention
· Experience cultivating, motivating and engaging volunteers
· Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. High efficiency in time management and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Detail-oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Excellent written, oral communication skills and problem-solving skills.
· Communication and graphic design experience helpful.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
· High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
· Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance.
· Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business. Evening or weekend work may be required at certain times of the year.
· Located at the Arkansas Chapter office in Rogers, Arkansas.
· Position operates in a flexible work environment which requires some travel throughout the state and flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet chapter needs. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds is required.
· Travel by car to attend meetings within the chapter territory. Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines