Company Name: ICF
Location: Reston, VA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Manager, Meeting & Events, who has strong management experience and will lead a team of experienced Meeting and Events Associates. The ideal candidate will understand strategy, logistics and a strong knowledge of industry standards. They will be involved in the meetings and events industry with membership in key organizations pertinent to advancing ICF business.
The Manager will be customer focused and have a solid understanding of geography, culture, and the ability to work with ICF global stakeholders to effect positive outcomes. They will also be available to support their team when additional hands are needed in the areas of sourcing; hotel and vendor contracting, food and beverage, audio-visual; logistical planning including site selection, and budget production.
The focus of this position will be the continued marketing of Meetings and Events services to ICF internal customers, support enterprise initiatives that involve meetings and events components; lead solution-oriented projects that enhance Meetings and Events within ICF globally.This is a hybrid position (in-office and remote) reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Travel & Events located at our Headquarter Office in Reston, VA.
- Oversee a team of Meetings & Events professionals in their day-to-day activities related to supporting internal and external client activities with an emphasis on coaching to support skill building and career development.
- Drive awareness and utilization of the Meeting & Events services and resources among internal ICF customers.
- Work with Senior Manager, Travel & Events in strategy, policy and projects relating to Meetings & Events
- Implement and maintain Meetings and Event Management policies, procedures, and resources.
- Support event planning including site selection, budget development, hotel and vendor contracting, food and beverage, and audio-visual production.
- Consult with project teams and other internal clients to conceptualize and design events based on their needs in all execution formats: in-person, hybrid, and virtual.
- Oversee review and reconciliation efforts of costs and expenses.
- Review, negotiate and manage venue contracts, logistics documents, and/or banquet event orders (BEO) to ensure they reflect meeting and event needs.
- Experience with supporting events ranging from 10 to 2,500 people, with varying degrees of complexity.
- Work with Preferred Provider National Sales Officers (NSO) to ensure that ICF business objectives are met.
- Contribute to RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quotation), RFI (request for information) efforts to ensure that ICF business objectives are met using technology and tools used at ICF.
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) Certification
- 10+ years’ experience as a Professional Meeting Planner or closely related position such as Hotel Conference Services Manager, Special Events Planner or Catering Manager
- 5+ years’ experience managing people including geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge and experience using the Cvent platform for meeting planning
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to grow a team by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback and leading by example
- SGMP Certified
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Azure DevOps
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task in a time sensitive management function
- Strong project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple activities and priorities concurrently
- Analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Possess a partnering mindset with a solution-focused approach to managing complex scenarios and diverse stakeholder groups at various levels
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position.
The pay range for this position is:$94,247.00 – $160,220.00