Company Name: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Richmond, VA
Type: Full Time
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Meetings and Events Manager will report into our Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group (LSLPG) and work closely with our North America marketing and sales teams. This role can be based remotely anywhere in the United States.
What will you do?
- Execute the Divisional events schedule from planning to full implementation and measurement, ensuring alignment with key partners (global marketing, local sales team, and other marketing operations partners) and implement events such as trade shows and meeting/conferences in a creative and attractive way to generate valuable leads.
- Work directly with regional and global marketing managers, sales and external vendors to ensure logistical aspects of meetings meet business needs and expectations.
- Drive lead generation and conversion into revenue to ensure growth through events.
- Collaborate and build strategic relationships with key partners (global marketing, sales and other marketing teams) to define and implement event plans.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of all event components to ensure compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific brand standards.
- Ensure proactive communication with internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes, including event metrics.
- Determine appropriate budget based on event parameters and effectively track the expenses of all events to ensure adherence to budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and ability to handle large cross-functional teams while driving highly varied and complex projects.
How will you get there?
- B.A. or B.S. in Communication, Business, Marketing or related field required from an accredited university.
- 5-7 years of experience leading events with growing responsibility as an event planner.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing infrastructure systems such as CRMs, marketing databases, and project management software.
- Experience with matrixed marketing organization ecosystems.
- Experience in event planning in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications and follow-through skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic).
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.