Company Name: Google
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Manager for the Marketing Organization’s Communications, you will play the role of editor-in-chief for all organizational communications within Marketing. In addition to drafting and owning many communications, you will help leaders thoughtfully communicate the vision and mission of Google Marketing’s campaigns, strategy, and people-related topics to Googlers.
In this role, you will devise creative, fun, and non-standard solutions to help communicate must-know information, strategic direction, and inspiring storytelling. Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Own ongoing snapshot of priority campaigns across Marketing, in partnership with VPs in Marketing and Communications, and manage Marketing’s internal website.
- Produce and coordinate with our presenting teams at our monthly meetups.
- Partner with People Operations and diversity, equity, and inclusion teams on a variety of topics to deliver important updates and information to the organization.
- Coordinate communications for the entire Marketing organization, including ongoing programmatic communications and newsletters, and ad hoc critical topics such as return to office and future of work.
- Liaise with Marketing executives’ communications partners, ensuring timely updates and information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in communications or marketing with an emphasis on writing
- Experience and understanding of the Marketing industry
- Understanding of Google’s products and mission
- Ability to interact with executives with confidence
- Ability to maintain good acumen in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility and willingness to shift and incorporate feedback as priorities change
- Thought leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for shaping organizational narratives and communicating compelling visions
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to maintain focus on the big picture
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .