Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The WW Event Sponsorships team is looking for a Manager, High Traffic Events to take our International Expansion (IX) High Traffic Event Sponsorship Program to the next level. This includes leading our advertising strategy for the most important, highest trafficked days on Amazon: Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Your challenge will be to not only grow this existing business, but also re-invent how advertising will power these marquee events for our customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
The person in this role will have single-threaded ownership for our IX locales, driving program strategy and delivery, metrics and data, customer experience, packaging/marketing, and overall advertiser experience. You will be expected to establish a vision and key priorities for the program, make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You will also oversee a global team of country leads managing high traffic events for emerging markets.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, and have experience leading medium to large products and programs. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be 100% customer focused, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. Core skill areas for this role include program launch and marketing, data collection and analytics.
A day in the life
In this role, you will partner with program managers, sales, finance, and design teams across to define and implement program strategy for Amazon’s marquee events – Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You will manage a team of country leads, providing oversight and strategy development insights. You will develop the roadmap for the end to end program ensuring country nuances are not overlooked. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- MBA a plus
- Experienced in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – with both technical and non-technical individuals;
- Demonstrated analytical thinking to develop metrics and drive continuous improvement
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a program
- Proven successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations
- Ability to influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
- Must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Background in digital advertising, and ideally a well-rounded understanding of current web and mobile technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.