Company Name: Genesys
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full Time
Responsible for working effectively with clients, internal teams, industry organizations, and external vendors to flawlessly deliver world-class event programs that drive successful results against established strategic objectives, timelines, and financial goals. Our ideal candidate should thrive under pressure and have a passion for event production and logistics. You must be creative with an eye for detail and be able to get up to speed and execute with a solid sense for the Genesys brand, culture, products, and business strategy.
Event Manager Major Responsibilities
- Responsible for workstream leading and implementing events and multifaceted projects, including live and virtual user conferences, industry trade shows and special events.
- Knowledge in conference and trade show project management is essential, from strategy, messaging, design, logistics, vendor management, budget, live and virtual execution to post-event analysis.
- Contribute to strategic development by identifying, presenting, and working in support of internal stakeholder program objectives and measuring the impact of events against target KPIs.
- Manage teams, suppliers, and other contributors through effective project management & collaboration to exceptional levels of execution of all assigned deliverables – on schedule and within budget.
- Track budget costs throughout a project and communicate scope changes that affect the budget.
- Gather and track ROI, engagement analytics, and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or 5+ years of experience
- Experience in demonstrating event/program management best practices
- Strong program, project, and time management skills – highly organized, detail-focused, results-driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests.
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation, and vendor management skills
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and track record of successful execution of multiple events with opposing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; experience developing relationships with internal partners, third-party vendors, and customers
- Cross-functional and collaborative mindset
- Consultative approach to questions, concerns, and issues
- Motivated, positive attitude and results-oriented
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extended hours on occasions as necessary
- Works closely with the Director, Global Event Marketing in effectively managing events and supporting the Global Events Program
- Frequent travel primarily associated with the Global Events calendar
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Moves objects weighing on average 25 – 50 lbs.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.