Company Name: Red Hat
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full Time
The Red Hat Events team is looking for a Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, and diverse perspectives. You’ll work as part of our Marketing Communications team and you’ll lead a global proprietary events team and play an instrumental role in the success of these events. You will also lead the successful realization of internal and external events, make data-driven decisions, and help expand and deliver new programs to help create awareness for the Red Hat brand among industry influencers and decision makers through impactful experiences. You will use your creativity and understanding of our technical audience to create and manage unique, high-impact event experiences. You should have solid interest in global event strategy and its implementation, events marketing, virtual event and webinar realization, social media, research, digital advertising, and general technology, as this role will require you to amplify Red Hat’s message and brand awareness. As a Manager, you’ll need to have a record of planning and realizing events and you should have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. You should also have a desire to grow and evolve Red Hat’s global event strategy, including the attendee experience and ROI.You will manage a team of 3-4 people.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of event realization from contract negotiation to post-event follow-up, including budget, staffing, brand presence, on-site logistics, and lead generation activities; event types will include incentives, customer events (in-person and virtual), webinars, and internal sales events
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to develop creative event marketing campaigns and plans that align with our overall team strategy and brand
- Work with global cross-functional teams including product management, marketing, sales, and internal agency teams to ensure that event messaging, deliverables, post event analysis, and tactics are implemented according to strategy
- Continually evaluate event performance and metrics and convert them into actionable improvements to the overall event program
- Lead a team of 3-4 associates
- Support larger flagship user conference proprietary program activities as needed
- 10+ years of experience with event management or marketing
- Experience with planning and realizing large and small high-profile events
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple events simultaneously
- Broad experience with marketing campaign tactics
- Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team and build relationships
- Willingness to travel and work occasional nights and weekends to support in-person or virtual events; ability to be comfortable working in various time zones if working remotely
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.