Company Name: IGN Entertainment
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
IGN is a leading media company focused on gaming, entertainment, and pop culture. We are the number one video game and entertainment information destination and attract one of the largest concentrated audiences of young adults on the Internet 288 million monthly users across 34 platforms including desktop, mobile, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, OTT and more.
With more than 51 million English-language social followers, IGN has one of the biggest and most active fanbases online. To maintain our leadership position and continue to connect with our audience, we are looking for a manager with a focus on events and marketing outreach. Position reports to the Sales Operations and Events Director and can be located in IGN’s San Francisco office or Los Angeles headquarters.
IGN’s team is made up of all kinds of people who share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
- Plan and execute IGN’s presence at consumer and industry events, including E3, Comic-Con, and Gamescom
- Support IGN’s Sales team with planning and coordination of client activations, such as co-branded parties, movie screenings, custom activations/demos/sampling events or meet-and-greets
- Lead the RFP process with external vendors and venues for all IGN events
- Help with ideation for client facing creative strategies and custom activations
- Identify, justify, and recommend relevant industry events and work with executive staff to establish an IGN presence and speaker engagements
- Support teams with travel planning and coordination for meetings, tradeshows and events when needed
- Assist in acquiring badges for industry and fan events
- Help lead IGN’s PR and Event vendor relationships (venues, event management, trade shows)
- Liaise with Legal for contract approvals
- Manage event P&L with Finance
- Help evangelize IGN’s editorial, production, and sales programs
- A minimum of 5 years applied experience in Events Management
- Track Record of successfully led events
- PR role within the Games Industry at a PR agency or in a PR department
- Relationships with production vendors
- Knowledge of the entertainment and/or video game industry
- An outstanding teammate with the ability to work with multiple departments and staff members of all levels
- An excellent communicator who is able to positively work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience writing and editing press releases a plus
- Should be able to provide examples of past event work
- Bachelor’s Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The base pay range for the primary location of this job is listed. The compnay’s pay ranges vary based on work location. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, and future potential.
Base Pay Min to Max Range: $100,000- $120,000