Company Name: The Conference Board
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for your next great event marketing role? Look no further – this job is it!
As a key player in our event marketing team, the right candidate will lead our marketing and promotions efforts for our virtual and in-person events. Plus, they will elevate our already successful monthly webcasts and our new podcast programs to greater attendance and engagement levels. Founded in 1916, The Conference Board is the member-driven think tank that delivers trusted insights for what’s ahead. Our mission is simple: To help leaders navigate the biggest issues impacting business and better serve society. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in growing our organization (and your career) as you help us achieve our mission.
- Develops, manages, and executes integrated marketing initiatives and promotional plans that support the registration and attendance of ESF/M&C Center events, webcasts and podcasts.
- Serves as Promotions and Project Manager for all in-person and virtual events, webcasts and podcasts:
- Works with the programing team and Conference Program Directors in the planning and promotions of all conferences, including the creation of all marketing and promotional materials for each event and managing Continuing Education Credits (CEU)
- Works with the Digital Media team to plan and promote all Webcasts, including creating marketing and promotional materials for each webcast/podcast.
- Manages digital tools to drive marketing results, including but not limited to paid search on Google AdWords and SEO metrics on Google Analytics.
- Works with Associate Director to conduct analytics to determine the best channel mix for promotions and uses these insights to continually improve the quality and productivity of each Centers’ marketing efforts.
- Works collaboratively to develop promotional content and messaging across digital and traditional channels (copywriting, scriptwriting, and graphics selection).
- Collaborates with internal teams to create and manage website landing pages for all Conference/Virtual events and digital media webcasts and Podcasts and optimize the user experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Keeps up to date with current email marketing and digital trends and evaluates emerging technologies; provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- An innovative mindset full of initiative and enthusiasm; a highly creative perspective with a willingness to roll up sleeves (without asking), perform basic tasks, and work through bureaucratic hurdles if necessary.
- Proven ability to produce top-quality professional materials on time and on budget.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel, and online meeting platforms such as ON24, Zoom, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA degree in Marketing or 3-5 years of equivalent experience in Event Promotions or related work.
- Proven track record in executing B2B marketing campaigns
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter who gets along well with others and acts in a collegial manner that promotes teamwork and builds credibility and trust in the Marketing Department.
- Strong working knowledge of Event marketing, digital & email marketing, media & advertising, content marketing, social media, and brand development.
- Strong ability to execute promotional programs on budget and schedule.