Company Name: iHeartMedia
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for someone to bring their big dreams, big insights, and big ambitions to our custom-designed events. The Manager, Event Marketing will concentrate their efforts on one of the companies biggest partners, assisting with all aspects of event build-out for large scale initiatives driven by the local New York City Sales Team. This person will be based out of the NYC office, but will work across the country with some of the most iconic venues, stadiums and talent around key promotional periods to set-up and lead production of unique experiential activations. Our ideal candidate should have a proven track record of reimagining on-site engagement and be able to show tangible examples of past success. Project elements may include staging, production needs, experiential design and build, sponsorship deliverables, concert production, artist coordination, and other customized elements for clients and partners.
- Lead venue site inspections; assess space, dimensions, measurements, accessibility, permitting requirements
- Detail spatial constraints and outline potential room/area allocations for activation, green rooms, team meetings, social and event spaces
- Solicit proposals and event design from third party vendors.
- Manage and direct team with RFPs for vendors (furniture, IT, tenting, computers, printers, A/V, peripherals)
- Manage build-out vendors, handle quotes, contracts and negotiations
- Oversee implementation of all on-site activation and deliverable per vendors contracted statement of work, including but not limited to: event space structures, permitting and capacities
- Manage and maintain accurate and precise organization, documentation and filing of all venue build-out components
- Work with Designer to develop concepts, floor plans, renderings, staging, mood boards, activation sites, etc.
- Manage and maintain events/conference build-out budgets and post-conference budget reconciliation
- Logistics and coordination of technical aspects (lighting, sound, staging)
- Develop electrical plans
- Oversee management of warehousing, shipping, directional signage
- Main liaison for all build-out elements, including room/space allocations and space confirmations, power requirements, communications systems, load in and load out schedules
- Manage venue and artist contracts which includes terms of agreement, venue & vendor insurance coverage, and more
- Develop risk assessment plans, including safety & security of installation and tear downs
- Develop and manage critical paths, work plans, timelines and production schedules
- Supervise load-in/load-out of event/conference crews, vendors, artists, sponsors, etc.
- Develop post-event analysis, evaluations and recommendation reports in conjunction with the Director of Strategy & Innovation
- Act as the head liaison for the events production team
- Develop agendas/timelines for any activation
- Draft and adhere to event project budgets
- Prepare and manage P&L to track costs and expenses and ensure that all payments are made on time
- Negotiate with vendors for all contracts and agreements
- Sourcing and management of outside staff, event crew, and security for day of activation
- Printing and distribution management
- 3-4+ years of special events experience, preferably in entertainment
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator not required but preferred
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop and execute events
- High work standards and attention to detail
- Excellent communication with ability to negotiate
- High degree of stress tolerance and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- Ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan with matching contributions (matching currently suspended)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for benefit eligible employees and all household members at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.