Company Name: Microsoft
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
As Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Events you have the opportunity to leverage event logistics, event production, and project management skills to make a meaningful impact on how we bring Microsoft’s commitment to D&I to life for internal and external audiences. In this role you will be responsible for working with your colleagues on the Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I) team to develop and implement strategic plans that help employees, candidates, customers, partners and developers from a range of identities and communities engage in learning, storytelling and thought-leadership moments. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Microsoft’s central events team to align our global efforts to our company-wide D&I strategy and ensure brand quality activations.
- Manage event v-teams and working groups to ensure successful development and implementation of event activation plans in partnership with our Executive Producer D&I Events.
- Lead project management across our D&I event activation portfolio including timelines, logistics, vendor engagement, budgeting, and partner engagement.
- Drive alignment across all of our internal and external first-party D&I events, our D&I activations at first-party ecosystem events, and our presence at third-party D&I events.
- Support production and activation of both in-person and digital events, helping to upskill the team on best practices and technology needs.
- Develop subject matter expertise in digital event audience engagement tools and partner with the D&I Communications Manager to implement our approach across internal and external events.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in the corporate events or corporate marketing fields
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Exceptional project management and budgeting skills
- Experience working on global, large-scale, corporate events
- Interest in the evolving diversity and inclusion landscape and comfort exploring the complex associated social topics
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to engage effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, and work in a team environment
- Experience in digital event management or in event marketing and demand gen
- Ability to identify and flag risk in project plans or event execution plans
- Ability to quickly identify solutions when faced with obstacles
- Ability to work effectively with multiple business partners including cross-group teams, virtual and global teams, vendors and agency partners
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.