Company Name: Niantic, Inc.
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Live Events Marketing Manager to lead all aspects of the event production and the development of marketing communications for Pokémon GO global events such as Pokémon GO Fest, Pokémon GO Tour and location specific events such as Pokémon GO Safari Zones, and smaller scale partner activations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting and producing experiences that fans remember for a lifetime and is an extraordinarily organized collaborator who knows how to lead multiple partners to align on a common vision and deliver perfectly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and deliver exciting event concepts that will make a lasting positive impact on our communities, align to marketing OKRs, key campaigns, and business objectives.
- Liaise with license-holder for reviews, procure approvals, and provide updates.
- Create and track against detailed workback schedules, ensuring key milestones are met on time.
- Maintain relationships between agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure quality events are executed on time and within budget.
- Oversee the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- Coordinate the development and routing of Marketing materials and assets for email, blog, and web around various event initiatives across owned channels and work with Comms team to organize press and media coverage for live events.
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- .Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Proven ability producing live event programs, both small and large consumer-facing events in the tech or gaming space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Passion for building communities and connecting people in meaningful ways.
- Willingness to travel and work an atypical schedule to support the international live-events team structure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Passion for Niantic products (Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress).
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines.
- Experience building, managing, and/or supporting grassroots live event programs.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
- Proficiency in Japanese, Spanish or a second language.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $94,000 – $109,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.