Company Name: IBM
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. This effort includes advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack and exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, we are committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Quantum Network and the Qiskit Community
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Event Manager will partner cross-functionally to actualize compelling experiences that build mindshare and foster relationships with prospects and clients, leading to business growth. The Events Manager will be the event expert for IBM Quantum Experience (Marketing) Events and will own the end-to-end process from strategy to execution and performance follow-up for third party and proprietary events.
- Effectively collaborates with stakeholders to execute compelling and engaging event experiences.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including product, design, sales and offering to execute proprietary and third-party marketing events as well as feature IBM Quantum messaging at cross-IBM proprietary events.
- Scope and deeply understands the market and trends from an event experience perspective.
- Uses trends and competitor insights to execute event strategies targeted towards different audience segments (Industry, Technical) and stays up to date on competitor presence at events.
- Manages end-to-end event execution including vendor relationship(s), SME / speaker presentations, internal/external event communications, event registration, securing venues (physical or virtual), sponsorship negotiation, contract execution, show-floor expo management, event budget and procurement, compliance and post-event follow-up to ensure events are executed with the highest of standards, within brand guidelines, and leads to KPI attainment.
- Effectively collaborates cross-functionally for event messaging, content, curriculum, sessions, speakers, etc. to ensure a compelling story is presented and engages our key audience.
- Gathers client feedback and uses insights to improve event programs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in creating and executing B2B event marketing plans and experiences that engage clients across multiple event types (proprietary and third party conferences – virtual, in-person, hybrid).
- Excellent organizational and strong project management skills.
- Takes ownership and effectively maximizes return on marketing investment.
- Vendor management experience including negotiating with show producers to ensure sponsorship and presence meets the needs of the business
- Effective collaboration skills with contributors and leaders at all levels.
- Self-starter, problem solver, and deadline-oriented.
- Effective use of data and insights to identify opportunities, monitor progress and continuously optimize event programs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Thinks big and acts with urgency and focus.
- Flexibility to travel (domestic and international) for on-site event management (up to 25-50%)
- Event Marketing experience in Technology services and/or Industry is a plus.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Background in Events Management is highly preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.