Company Name: Intercom
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
At Intercom we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class brand interactions and experiences – big and small – that directly contribute to the success of the business. As the Head of Global Field Marketing, you’ll be at the heart of our field marketing strategy, connecting Intercom to customers and prospects in a number of regions.
You’ll define region-specific marketing plan that supports our sales strategy and meticulously plan, promote, and execute dozens of events as well as lead our global account-based marketing efforts throughout the world. You’ll ensure that the program is successful and pay close attention to the details and budgets for each event or tactic you execute. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with superb organization, fresh ideas, and a knack for marketing that impacts revenue.
What will I be doing?
- Defining region-specific marketing plans that support our sales strategy
- Organizing and hosting online and in-person events that create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our customer relationships
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics
- Collaborate with regional leadership teams to develop and implement an integrated strategy that combines email marketing, direct mail marketing, and other field marketing channels you see fit
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on Intercom’s objectives and target audience
- Assist regional sales teams by increasing local/regional brand awareness and driving leads and MQLs in the region
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop metrics to measure the success of all initiatives
- Track results of all national campaign activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
- Significant travel required (~50-60% of time)
What skills do I need?
- You have 8-10 years of related experience, ideally in field marketing or sales enablement
- You have experience managing globally distributed teams
- You have experience implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations
- You have experience managing budgets and are comfortable with numbers
- You have strong organization skills, leaving no detail untouched
- You have an understanding of the foundations of marketing and how events can play a critical part in moving the business forward
- Your communication skills are out of this world; you are able to clearly and concisely craft messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.