Company Name: Rippling
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
As our first Head of Global Event & Field Marketing, you’ll build and oversee programs across field marketing, corporate events, channel marketing, customer events, and more. Your programs will be built to drive brand awareness and exponentially drive and accelerate sales pipeline. In this role, you’ll work closely with marketing and sales leadership to craft a strategy, then own the end-to-end experience across outreach, event production, agency management, and performance optimization.
Your initial team will consist of an event producer, and two field marketers. You’ll also have the support of a full creative team, our demand generation team, and outside resources as needed. If you’re looking for an opportunity to build and scale event and field marketing at a generational company, we’d love to chat!
What You Will Do
- Define how we approach and produce world-class event experiences
- Drive and execute a strategy to support large-scale trade shows as well as targeted regional events
- Build and support event strategy in the US and other global markets
- Partner directly with Sales to drive strategic field marketing programs from start to finish
- Collect and analyze data to create post-event reports, assessing the success of events and identifying areas for improvement for the event planning process, event marketing, and overall event impact
- Templatize high-frequency field level events
- Develop deep partnerships with internal Rippling stakeholders and work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, brand studio, sales, and partner teams to achieve desired results
- Drive leads through in-person events, owning the ROI and pipeline target outcomes with Sales
- Be aware of industry best practices but comfortable breaking them
- Manage budgets, ensuring cost-effectiveness and optimization of resources
- Source and manage top talent and agencies
- Create and codify Rippling event guidelines to identify potential risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate any issues that may arise during events.
What You Will Need
- 10+ years of event strategy, planning and production (including global events)
- 5+ years of field marketing experience and working with Sales to drive pipeline
- Clearly demonstrated track record of hitting aggressive Sales targets
- Experience supporting regional/territory, national and international sales teams and event programs
- A proactive mindset. You love to create experiences and care deeply about Rippling
- Business acumen and the ability to see the impact beyond the details of planning
- Understanding how an in-person event should translate to digital marketing channels
- Ability to influence execs, build strong relationships and rally teams
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations even when things are ambiguous
- Ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently with operational rigor and frugality
The pay range for this role is:
144,000 – 252,000 USD per year (US Tier 1)
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process.