Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced content strategist with a deep knowledge of large-scale events to manage the content strategy, development, and delivery for AWS global events.
In this role, you will work with high-level content stakeholders across all of AWS to gain consensus and buy-in on content strategy, managing a team of content managers, technical editors, and customer meeting managers who are responsible for the execution of the content strategy. You will work with cross functional teams on key items that affect global event content: legal, diversity and inclusion, speaker certification, training and certification, sponsorship, and partner and field marketing. You will participate as part of the leadership team for major events like re:Invent, re:Inforce, and the AWS Global Summits. You will also be responsible for developing content tools and processes that will be available and scalable globally for teams around the globe.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, extremely organized individual with experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across the globe. You will utilize your attention to detail, your experience in program and project management, and your excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results. You will use your leadership skills to lead a team responsible for educating AWS customers around the world.
Role and responsibilities
- Hire, lead, and develop a team of event content managers, technical editors, and customer meeting managers; set the strategy and long term thinking for the team.
- Define program goals and timelines related to key content deliverables and communicate those expectations to global content stakeholders.
- Oversee the content planning tools and technology used across all events.
- Work closely with senior leaders and technologists to understand key messaging and product roadmaps in order to build successful content strategy for a multitude of events.
- Dive deep when necessary on content execution and production; main point of contact for major onsite content escalations.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in related areas of event management, content management, and marketing
- Demonstrated experience in people management
- Demonstrated experience with program management
- Ability to analyze and pull data from various data points
- 5+ years of corporate event experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about process and an innate attention to detail
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Experience working with global field marketing teams
- Existing knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce and HTML.
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services
- Experience working with Excel, Tableau, and Qualtrics
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.