Company Name: BlackLine
Location: United States
Type: Full Time
Under general direction from the Senior Director, GTM Events, The GTM Event Manager will oversee and organize events that will make an impact to a target audience. The GTM Event Manager will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. The GTM Event Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing virtual and live events that include, but not limited to: internal meetings, executive management at conferences, and prospect and client engagements.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand the event’s strategy, objectives, targets and success metrics
- Own the agenda, plan, contracts, and resources required to support live and virtual events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Create and manage event timeline, including sourcing and reviewing venues, both domestic and international
- Develop planning document for each event – event specs, project timeline, production schedules, meeting agendas and notes, attendee and budget tracking, etc.
- Make suggestions to enhance the event’s success (i.e. virtual platform, location, speakers, etc.) in collaboration with supporting team members or vendors
- Prepare event budgets and manage each event in adherence to the budget
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Hire 3rd party personnel (DJs, musicians, talent, hosts, chefs, entertainers, etc..) and supervise their contracted responsibilities during the event
- Coordinate all operations related to the event including contract negotiations with vendors, talent, staff, etc.
- Lead promotional activities for the event, including partnering with internal and external resources for design, collateral, swag, and other promotional materials
- Order and coordinate distribution of swag; maintain inventory and adhere to timelines and budgets.
- Work with the creative team on executing the vision of the event.
- Track and submit weekly expense reports
- Conduct event walkthroughs to approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Resolve any challenges, issues, or problems that may impact a successful and smooth event
- Analyze the event’s success to incorporate into future events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 3 years of experience in event management, marketing, an/or public relations
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or Associates degree and 3 years related work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Experience with Cvent, Wrike and other event related software
- Effective project management skills
- Knowledge of contracts
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- Effective negotiation skills and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, self-starter, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to graciously and efficiently communicate with C-Level executives.
- Proven capacity for exceptional hospitality to both internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Willingness to travel (including potential evening, weekend and holiday work).
- Familiarity with virtual platforms; ON24, MeetingPlay, Intrado and the likes are a plus.
Position requires overnight travel, both domestic and international, between 25% to 50%
Equal Employment Opportunity