Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage highly visible global healthcare events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a division of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing.
In this role you will plan and execute events targeting IT decision makers and healthcare professionals in the public sector. Your daily responsibility as an event expert will include working closely with sales and marketing managers to identify event goals, content, and promotion strategy, manage budgets, and coordinate event logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Own the planning, production and execution of events hosted in globally from large hosted events to participation in industry tradeshows to small, high touch executive activities, roadshows.
- Responsible for building the event strategy and event goals to ensure event success.
- Serve as event project manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, vendor management, agenda development and show flow, event promotion and registration, printing and shipping, budget management, event staffing, on-site event management, event follow-up and reporting.
- Build and distribute regular event communications including pre-event status reports and post-event trip report.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, business development, and executive management to achieve business goals via event marketing.
- Track and monitor response of all executed efforts; make contingency plans where necessary to meet attendee goals and other target goals
- Employ data analytics to effectively target event sponsors and attendees
- Keep event website current with up-to-date marketing copy
- Create and deliver ongoing event reporting including registration and attendee, campaign reporting and ROI
- Oversee the event calendar, project timelines, and event budget.
- Expertly drive pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning and AWS documentation.
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- Experience using customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- Experience utilizing systems and tools involving email, web, analytics, and CRM (Marketo, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.) for targeting, segmentation, reporting for demand generation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.