Company Name: Informatica
Location: United States
Type: Full Time
As a member of the Informatica’s Global Marketing team, you will be responsible for building and collaborating on the event technology strategy and vision for Informatica’s in-person and virtual events, including Informatica World, Informatica’s annual conference, Sales Kickoff, and other tier 1 events of varying complexities during the year. Reporting into the Associate Director of Events, you will shape the plan and recommendations for the event technology stack, inclusive of registration technology, event technology, mobile applications, etc with a mind of understanding the stakeholder business requirements and outcomes needed for the demand generation department.
As the Global Events Technology Manager, you must have familiarity with web authoring platforms, analytics pipelines and infrastructure technologies and act as an ambassador for Informatica, leading by example and displaying the company’s core values. This role must be comfortable working with reporting tools, including Salesforce, Adobe, and PowerBI and handle event management support in terms of training, enablement, process, and platform buildout.
What You’ll Do
- Point for event technology vendors and manage vendor relationships, including registration vendors (registration includes all technologies: Content Management, Speaker Portals, Call for Speakers, Exhibitor portals, Employee portals, meetings tools, etc) and virtual event vendors, mobile apps, attendee interactions, and security.
- Provide reports for program stakeholders as well as reconciliation and reporting post event.
- Guide brainstorming and innovation in partnership with our web production manager, identifying and pitching new platform features and enhancements that scale.
- Manage Informatica’s current event software integrations and ensure data is accurately represented across our event website, mobile app and registration reporting as well as CRM integration.
- Work with internal stakeholders to clearly outline CRM integration needs; Align with vendors for a seamless data mapping; QA activities and periodic checks to ensure all data is reporting accurately.
- Advises on user experience of all pre-event and onsite registration for both virtual and in-person events.
- Teamwork at the highest levels. Plans and conducts complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
- Anticipates, creates and defines innovative and visionary concepts in a strategic environment.
- Support Informatica on achieving critical KPIs.
- Develop processes within the Global Events team (documentation/onboarding/file storage process) to provide consistency among the team – remove redundancy, reduce tech waste, and become more efficient. Contributes to process simplification.
- Design and manage coordination strategies to keep stakeholders aware of project timelines, impediments, and support needs.
- Implementation and project management of event registration websites, app builds and all technological aspects of our events.
- Keep up to date on all emerging technologies, popular culture and trends and ensure team members are informed as well.
- Passionate about developing client advocates around Informatica’s product portfolio.
- Assist with recruitment of new team members.
- Train other staff on current technology and processes
- Travel domestically and internationally in support of events.
- Database Management: ensure consistency of information, accurate data, and generating lists upon request.
- Manage client evaluation communications such as save-the-dates, invitations, registration, confirmations, etc.
- Work with other event Project Managers/Coordinators on overall program logistics, production, and implementation
- Review and manage any relevant third-party vendor invoice reconciliation.
- Coordinate planning and utilization of the mobile app. May assist with build depending on platform.
- Support other members of the department as needed on ad-hoc projects.
- Partner with Leadership and the Development Team to develop and steward the experience, including building and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and supporters.
- Fulfill the direction and scope of event attendee interest, collaborate with fellow team members to leverage and maximize attendee and prospect potential.
- Oversee post-event coordination including but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting and ongoing relationship building.
- 10+ years of experience in event technology management
- Experience with event technology platforms (examples: Cvent, Rainfocus, WebEvents Global, STOVA) and mobile apps preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop partnerships and effectively communicate with individuals at all leadership levels.
- A creative mind who likes bringing new ideas to existing projects and continuously pushes the team to try new things.
- Regularly demonstrates discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance to Informatica.
- High energy, independent worker, self-starter, resourceful, and problem-solver
- Experience structuring and leading large cross-functional projects various project management tools/processes (Use full PM Toolbox – pick the right tool for the job)
- Motivate and empower others to creatively approach complex challenges.
- Excellent product decision-making intuition
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team. Manage events with live show/programming and technical elements with limited supervision.
- Curious and desires continued self-growth and education of new technologies and skills.
- Excel in keeping peers and vendors focused on projects that drive impact, protecting the project from scope creep and un-prioritized tasks.
- Approach individual challenges with the focus on the big picture
- Identify plan risks and create risks mitigation plans.
- Ability to think strategically and to manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to establish effective processes, meetings and milestones and regularly communicate deadlines and interdependencies.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Strong proficiency in gaining alignment and communicating with key inter-departmental collaborators.
- Demonstrate an ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient using Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Atlassian Suite and event management tools.
- Persuasive communicator and able to lead with influence with established connections across the organization.
- Inclusive and motivating leader, manager, and mentor
- PMP Certified, AWS Certified Practitioner, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Scrum Master
Nice to Have
- Experience working within an enterprise B2B software company
- Passion for testing and leveraging the latest technologies and methods to optimize and drive results.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.