Company Name: Google
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Type: Full Time
As a Global Events Program Manager, you will be responsible for internal events in the Google Cloud Sales organization. You’ll be responsible for our event strategy and overseeing the resources that manage all of Cloud Sales internal conference event planning, training events, strategy and logistics. These are internal events for executives across one of the fastest growing businesses at Google.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Develop events and conferences strategy for Google Cloud Sales as a key pillar of the Sales Enablement and Activation team.
- Lead internal cross-functional conference team towards successful event execution and conference vision.
- Think holistically across the event/content and bring it all together.
- Oversee all aspects of event production for Google’s highest priority internal events (e.g., content and program development, design, AV production, vendor management, logistics, invitations, catering, security, etc.).
- Communicate status of event and drive decision making with executive stakeholders.
- 10 years of experience in events management in an event leadership role.
- Ability to work non-standard working-hours.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to lead/motivate a team and agencies/vendors.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work and collaborate as part of a team.
- Effective budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills.