Company Name: Wripple
Location: Atlanta, GA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
One of Wripple’s clients is looking for a Global Events Project Manager. The Global Events team is a centralized group of experts managing recurring, highly produced customer & employee meetings, events, conferences, and hospitality programs while also providing event guidance and tools to support event organizers w/in the client enterprise. This role will engage with the client divisions and offer strategic event guidance, branded resources to drive consistency & promote cost savings.
The ideal candidate is adaptable, has strong interpersonal skills, is an effective communicator, creative thinker, and is a process-based/solutions-oriented professional responsible for:
- Advisory Services – Works with the divisions to provide targeted event guidance, strategic event concepts, budget guidance & curated vendor recommendations
- Vendor Relationships – Engages with new & existing vendors while also working closely with Supply Chain Management teams to manage vendor lists, performance reviews & generating RFP strategies.
- Strategy & Communications – Prepares quality documents to gain consensus and drive decision-making with client leadership and stakeholders. Research & present thoughtful (& creative) event concepts, vendor recommendations & budgets.
This position starts as a 40 hour/week contract position through the end of the year with the opportunity to extend for the right fit. This resource must be located in the ATLANTA Metro area and open to hybrid onsite (3 days/week).
- Work with the divisions across client to provide event guidance related to strategic planning and concepting, Budgeting/cost guidance, Venue guidance, Guest Management, Logistics & Transportation, Hotel logistics, Food & beverage, Attendee experience & engagement, Audio/visual, Production, Thoughtful integration of client’s brand, Executive briefings, Onsite execution and staffing, and Evaluation
- Participates in concept/planning meetings to review event goals & develops overall agenda/show concept
- Refines & elevates current Advisory Services processes, standards and procedures (intake, pre-event, post event, etc.)
- Provides curated vendor recommendations to event stakeholders that are aligned with event objectives, budget & overall event vision
- Comfortability searching for new vendors and finding creative ways to “test” their talents and capabilities while also maintaining relationships w/existing vendors
- In partnership with Supply Chain Management, develops an organized system to track vendor performance while also providing constructive feedback to vendors & event stakeholders
- Works closely with Supply Chain Management, to batch vendor requests to drive cost-savings & volume discounts
- Supports Vendor RFP strategy for the divisions and for Global Events Teams.
- Manages the Global Events vendor list and works closely with Supply Chain Management to incorporate new vendors and existing vendor updates.
Strategy & Communications
- Research, strategize, analyze, ideate & pitch new and innovative event industry trends, concepts, solutions, and data sets to inform client divisional stakeholders
- Develops effective & well-designed documents including one-pagers, executive summaries, pitches, proposals, decks, and event recaps for executive updates, buy-in & decision-making for client’s Signature Events (support both customer and employee events team)
- Builds a cohesive business case/story using executive formatted decks & departmental templates & present to Global Event leaders and cross-departmental leadership.
- Creates new resources, templates, playbook guidance regularly to align w/event stakeholder needs or future needs.
- At least 5 years of proven event management experience including creative, production, communications, budgeting, pre-planning & on-site execution
- The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment and will approach any task or obstacle with a ‘can-do’ attitude & positive demeanor
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Process & detail-oriented with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, proficiently & respects deadlines
- Searches for innovative ways to reach target audience and influence others in a corporate matrix environment
- Strong executive presence, business maturity and client-facing experience
- Must have good interpersonal skills, aligns with client’s Brand Values (welcoming, elevated & caring) and possess the ability to work with many different personalities
- Highly proficient PC skills including advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required
- Position is based in ATL, hybrid work environment (3 days at HQ, 2 days remote); travel may be required (up to 25%)
- Experience in corporate communications, public relations and marketing communications is a plus
- Experience with leading a team and developing, implementing & quality checking processes and performance
- Experience working with CVENT
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, business administration, or communications