Company Name: Teradata
Location: California, United States
Type: Full Time
Teradata is seeking a Manager, Global Events Marketing. This role is responsible for driving event execution of global third party and partner events, Teradata signature events, and other industry events and roadshows. Candidate will be responsible for working within a shared services model, creating detailed budgets, planning and ROI analysis. Candidate will work closely with regional field marketing leaders to align event participation around strategic business initiatives.
- Identifying key industry events, planning event logistics, vendor management, maintaining pre- and post- event plans, and managing event attendance
- Collaborate with event vendors to ensure accurate and timely execution
- Aid in measuring impact from events and creating reports
- Budget/project management
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams (e.g. sales, communications, content, creative, field marketing)
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Create event implementation plan, with budget, specific tasks and timeline for each event.
- Work with internal teams to execute tasks and ensure all are aware of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Partner with content and creative, and the digital teams in developing any required materials for the event
- Management of Cvent – online event planning software
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors (hotels, food, travel, etc.).
- Provide full reports on event registrations, attendance, final expense reports and end of event reports.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Work with accounting to handle PO and invoice processing, as well as reconcile bills after the event.
- Implement/execute other projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field hospitality management, marketing, communications, or business.
- Minimum 4-8 years directly managing global, region events and meetings, or third-party events.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to work within tight project timelines and remain flexible.
- Ability to travel domestic and international as required.
- Good understanding of database management.
- Experience with Cvent or other event management software is required.
- Experience with CRM software is preferred but not required.