Company Name: Qlik
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Type: Full Time
Qlik is looking for an experienced Global Event Manager to design, plan and execute compelling events and meaningful attendee experiences that drive increased awareness and demand for Qlik products and services. This professional will work closely with the Sr. Director, Global Event Marketing to drive program strategy and event management, lead virtual teams of stakeholders to create company-wide consistency and operational effectiveness and execute top notch event experiences. This position will interact with global and regional teams, third party vendors, as well as, executive leadership.
- Program management of key projects which involves facilitating cross functional groups of stakeholders and hosting recurring meetings to drive project plan and ensure deliverables are moving in a timely manner
- Ensure that themes and messages are applied appropriately and consistently
- Evaluate vendors when necessary and manage those relationships
- Manage budget for programs you own and work through reductions and/or changes
- Close out each event with timely surveys, reporting, final messaging/communications and ROI measurement
- Drive key components for annual programs:
- Customer/Partner event: Ancillary meetings set up & logistics; internal staffing registration; F&B menu selections; giveaways selection & delivery; vendor POs & payments.
- Sales Kickoff: Breakout rooms set up & logistics; internal registration & lodging requirements; external guest travel coordination; giveaways; ancillary meetings set up & logistics; post-event survey compilation; vendor POs & payments.
- Gartner Industry Events: Accountable for 8 annual contracts, POs & payments, working with business partners in EMEA, APAC & US.
Pop up Programs: Work directly with meeting owner to drive venue selection, conferencing logistics, attendee registration/lodging and post-event budget reconciliation.
- Working with globally distributed stakeholders involving diverse time zones
- Ability to Travel for some events
- Budget and resource constraints
Frequent need to drive and adhere to laborious procurement and finance processes throughout the year (Gartner annual events and multiple hotels and venues)
You will be successful if you have
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A Minimum 8 years event management experience
- Experience in the tech industry and knowledge of the BI – Business Intelligence market a plus
- Experience managing multi-faceted & large scale complex events
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, knowledge of multiple cultures a plus
- Experience directing projects with multiple stakeholders from various functions of the company
- Expertise in budget management, tracking and reconciliation
- Experience overseeing & directing 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Experience & understanding of large scale plenary production/av a plus
- The Ability to multitask and work on several projects at a time
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
You will thrive if you are
Exemplifies Qlik Core Values: Challenge, Move Fast, Open & Straightforward, Take Responsibility, Teamwork for Results. Project management skills. Ability to define requirements, scoping of project, planning activities, risk & issue management, resource allocation, measure progress, & determine corrective actions to ensure successful implementation Strategic thinking to see the bigger picture and anticipate needs of clients/prospects while driving the corporate goals to create business opportunities. Proven track record of managing remote teams and bringing the appropriate groups together to collaborate Ability to work under pressure and manage his/her behavior, reactions and set a mature emotional tone for others to remain positive when faced with difficult situations or challenges Excellent communicator who can command a room while also connecting individually with key stakeholders and clients. Ability to create and deliver presentations to make recommendations as well as identify pros/cons in decisions Understands technical aspects of event management & tradeshow management Ability to think creatively and strategically Experience with contracts, negotiations and identifying requirements from suppliers (hotels, vendors, etc.) Thoughtful but firm approach to managing work groups & dependencies; Self-starter with ability to inspire others
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in King of Prussia, PA or Raleigh, NC. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Remote candidates will be considered on a case by case basis.
Travel is expected to be 25%.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form