Company Name: Pure Storage
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Type: Full Time
Pure Storage is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated Global Event Manager to drive production and execution of our global tradeshows and events. The right person has the ideal mix of creativity and logistics, who pays close attention to detail, and knows how to manage all types of events.
This individual possesses skills in global events and tradeshow management. You know how to manage both onsite and digital events and are familiar with different platforms, working with various marketing teams for event promotions, marketing operations to track progress and the field to drive marketing sourced opportunities. You’ll coordinate global and domestic logistics of programs, including event services, budgets, demos, giveaways, program timelines, and marketing materials needed pre- and post-event. You know how to coordinate global exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements and are able and willing to travel to provide on-site event support. You have mad skills in simultaneously managing multiple projects with attention to detail, achieving all deadlines, and performing analysis for each event to determine ROI. You have the ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels, balancing a collaborative approach with the right measure of assertiveness and a customer-first attitude.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage 5-10 global trade shows and product launches annually, with show budgets up to $500K with accountability for reviewing and tracking all expenditures
- Identify and qualify event related opportunities such as sponsorships, associations, award opportunities, speaking engagements, webinars and unique advertising opportunities for each trade show
- Organize and lead regular planning meetings in various time zones with internal teams such as product marketing, corporate marketing, and third-party vendors
- Manage timelines and deliverables for logistics/creative/marketing teams and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met
- Clearly communicate objectives, project status and updates to team members on a regular basis
- Prepare and manage budget for shows and events, reconcile invoices/PO in a timely manner to ensure accuracy
- Create event overview presentation, staff schedule and show survival guide; coordinate staff training
- Collaborate with exhibit house vendors globally to either utilize existing booth property or rental properties—identifying the most cost-effective option
- Manage logistic requirements and deadlines for drayage, electric, shipping, etc.
- Procure, coordinate and manage global third-party vendors such as decorator, A/V, catering, freight shipping, labor/show unions, and show management
- Manage on-site exhibit setup, support during show hours and breakdown of events; organize and run after hour events and transportation
- Manage events and programs dependent on event team needs including conferences, C-level events, sponsorship hospitality programs, roadshows, and lead functional areas of our largest User Conference.
What You’ll Need To Bring To This Role…
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Familiarity with digital event platforms
- CMP a plus
- Program management certification a plus
- Ability and flexibility to travel up to 30%, and work overtime as needed to attend events and client meetings (including weekends)
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Proficiency with basic computer programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with other technologies: Zoom, SFDC, Marketo, Cvent, Mobile event apps, BriefingSource, Google Workspace, NetSuite, Allocadia
The annual base salary range is: $94,000 – $141,000.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.