Company Name: Medidata Solutions
Location: New York, United States (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Global Events Manager who is passionate and creative with an innovative approach in designing memorable event experiences. You will report to and work closely with the Senior Director, Global Events on developing and supporting an event strategy and approach for assigned events. This will include: – Research venues and conduct site visits – Research and enhance event experience(s) with onsite activities – Oversee production of branded booth assets, directional signage, etc. – Generate meeting schedules; deadlines; client updates and approvals – Manage and review contracts in partnership with procurement – Work closely with caterer and venue staff on menu planning, addressing dietary restrictions – Provide valuable creative input and vision to process; work closely with project manager to ensure all processes are being upheld – Create and manage detailed event budgets – Develop and maintain relationships with conference organizers and vendors – Create a transportation plan as needed – Research new vendors & experiential activations, assess vendor/partner recommendations and manage all communications with vendors – Work with teams across the organization, including Sales, Product, Marketing, Creative Services,, Communications, Finance, and Executives while developing and managing a short- or long-term project plan – Provide onsite support, including oversight of event set-up and breakdown.
- A well-rounded event marketer versed in building and deploying event plans, with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized self-starter with exceptional project and relationship management skills
- Easily able to adapt to change and provide quick solutions
- Calm and level-headed under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional Google Slides/PowerPoint creation skills, with an eye for visual storytelling
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of event management experience
- Working knowledge of event software such as Cvent, Eloqua, Asana and Google Suite a plus
The base salary pay range for this position is $79,500 to $106,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.