Company Name: Commvault
Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Type: Full Time
Are you a high energy event strategist who is passionate about driving customer experiences which drive business results? If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented collaborative environment, this may be the role for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, execution, performance measurement and budget management of virtual, hybrid and in-person events (pending COVID-19 restrictions) including tradeshows, customer conferences, influencer events, global webinars, and other select corporate events (e.g., sales conferences, incentive trips). You’ll work closely with sales and marketing to build and execute event experiences aligned to persona needs to drive maximum ROI.
The ideal candidate is skilled at producing differentiated engaging customers experiences, can successfully partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams at Commvault and key alliance partners to create meaningful engagements, experienced with executive interactions, is comfortable with digital environments and has a consistent track record of creating high quality in-person and virtual events utilizing various technology platforms. This person is focused on producing world-class events at scale that deliver real business results in the form of awareness, leads, opportunities and pipeline generation.
- Work across the marketing lifecycle to ensure events are integrated into the overall marketing strategy
- Advise senior management and colleagues regarding event strategy, objectives and program goals; make recommendations to optimize investments
- Own the end-to-end event planning and execution process of both sponsored and hosted events
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Solutions/Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Field/Sales, et.al) to assure clear and timely definition of show objectives, messaging, and content aligned to target personas
- Create timelines, recruit cross-functional team members, drive planning meetings
- Strategize audience engagement tactics
- Pre/during/post-event multi-channel promotion and follow up
- Secure presenters and (physical/virtual) booth staff; assure presenter and staff preparedness
- Lead live event recordings, pre-recorded session recordings, and event moderation activities
- Drive all event testing and quality control procedures before and during the events
- Implement virtual event risk mitigation and remediation plans
- Sales enablement
- Performance measurement and reporting – evaluate performance against key metrics and generate learnings for improvement
- In collaboration with Brand & Creative, develop and sustain Event-in-a-Box (EIAB) aligned to key campaigns and serve as a consultant to Field Marketing WRT implementation, localization, best practices, etc.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend optimal opportunities for Commvault participation in 3rd party events (e.g., sponsorships, adjacent hosted/co-op events, etc.)
- Source and manage vendor and agency relationships as it pertains to event planning and execution
- Develop elevated and engaging onsite event experiences at tradeshows and hosted events
- Collaborate with brand, agency partners, and exhibit suppliers to design physical event space that adheres to post-pandemic protocols and provides a logical journey based on attendee needs and interests
- Negotiate and secure exhibit contracts, sponsorships and meeting space
- Budget management
- Demonstrated experience in virtual during Covid 19 with creative examples of engaging experiences.
- Experience with digital event platforms such as ON24, Zoom, and 6Connex
- 8-10 years event management experience
- Proven track record delivering successful live, virtual and hybrid events in B2B space
- A strategic marketer with experience working cross functionally in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment; able to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Successful at prioritizing across multiple events and marketing initiatives, managing competing priorities, and delegating effectively
- Knowledge and experience with live virtual event production (including lighting, audio, video, set design, and technical direction)
- Data-oriented, able to establish measurable objectives and success criteria across all event touchpoints; analyze ROI and recommend improvements
- Financial savvy with regard to budget management and vendor contract negotiations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, consistently demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
- Creative flair to bring fresh ideas into marketing campaigns and events
- Experience using a variety of virtual event platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Broadcast and/or digital marketing experience a plus
- Ability to work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours
- Ability to travel across the US and internationally, post-COVID-19 pandemic
- Solutions / Product Marketing
- Events Project Manager
- Executive Leadership
- Brand & Creative
- Customer Reference Team
- Field Marketing
- Partner Marketing
- And others!
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.