Company Name: Braze
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
What We’re Looking For
Braze is looking for an event expert and brand strategist to deliver brilliant and engaging “Braze Experiences” in a B2B construct. From signature owned events, to global conference sponsorship integrations you will be responsible for ensuring consistency of brand experience and messaging, with the ultimate goal of bringing new prospects into our world and deepening our relationships with existing clients and partners.
What You’ll Do
You will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to efficiently deliver on event goals and guest experiences to elevate the Braze brand. This will include devising the event strategy, leading the program production including Run of Show, scouting and securing event venues, budget forecasting and management, sourcing and overseeing all vendors, content programming and speaker preparation, on-site production and trouble-shooting, management of event assets.
- Developing a detailed plan of action, leading it through completion, and ensuring that the project is running smoothly during all phases guaranteeing that solutions are innovative and strategically relevant to deliver on KPIs, while building brand equity
- Ability to research, assess and inform best practices and cultural nuances as applicable in global markets of activation
- Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are identified and managed day-to-day throughout the design development, budgeting, feasibility vetting and build phases of the project
- Handling vendor contract and fee negotiations, legal compliance, ensuring billing and invoicing terms and processes are met
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, all Braze policies and procedures for on and offsite events
- Preparation and delivery of post-event follow up with team members for knowledge sharing and learned best practices
What You Have
- 5-7 years experience as an event production manager/producer. Experience executing at leadership conferences and/or global conferences such as CES, MWC, Cannes etc. a plus
- Organized: we’re talking kind of obsessive attention to detail
- Tactical: able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once
- Nimble: Works well within a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changes easily and efficiently
- Creative: clever problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and/or collaborating with team members. Not afraid to ask questions or raise concerns.
- Listening and learning: ability to assess priorities quickly, and become proficient with protocol, culture and processes
- A polished and professional demeanor with an eye for excellence
- Vendor management skills able to drive vendor relationships to strategic end
- Must have passion for the work and the team
- Travel for assigned projects as required
What We Offer
- Complete tech startup vibe including daily catered lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup
- Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company sponsored 401(k) account with matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.