Company Name: Avantor
Location: Pennsylvania, United States (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
The Global Events Manager will implement the business’s overall event strategy, develop and manage tactical plans, oversee delivery of key deliverables and track, monitor, and report on performance of event activities and communications. The position also will ensure consistency of the brand experience at events.
This is a remote opportunity.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of events preferred for management, marketing, communications, or related agency experience with a successful track record in event organization, coordination and execution
- Practical hands-on event experience required (translate strategies into concrete actions and tactics)
- Experience working with biotechnology, pharma, life sciences, or advanced technology businesses/products strongly preferred
- Global experience is a plus
Who are you:
- Strong organizational & project management skills within a matrix organization
- Solid business acumen and understanding of how various event formats best achieve business and corporate objectives
- Strong ability to build productive relationships and lead development of events planning protocols and execution through interactions and partnership with diverse internal and external business partners, including company senior leadership across a variety of functions and geographies.
- Highly organized self-starter with enthusiasm for creative work and ability to handle simultaneous projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills plus a highly energetic personality
- Operates with a proactive mindset and be geared toward collaborative problem-solving
- Amenable to ambiguity and able to see past today; can adjust to meet market demands and business realities with creativity
- Passionate about creating best-in-class brand experiences and keen on continuous improvement
How you will thrive and create an impact
- Oversee the execution and coordination of regional and local of internal, external and digital events at the Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels
- Develop tactical project plans based on event strategy and key deliverables
- Prepare briefings and review/validate outputs of the communications shared services team
- Manage and coordinate all logistics components of internal, external and digital events, ensuring all required on-site services are provided
- Manage the localization of sales tools, support materials and messaging as appropriate, in collaboration with BU communication partners and local communications for use at events
- Collaborate with Avantor’s in-house agency team and external agency partners to develop all content and assets. Manage work with external agencies to coordinate communication activities and projects. Collaborate with Strategic Marketing team to integrate inputs from the business into campaigns
- Develop and own the execution of global content and promotion plans for events and internal communications for relevant events. Develop master editorial calendar for event content.
- Ensure compliance to event management processes to enable timely and cost-effective event services and support
- Organize stakeholder (portfolio, sales, marketing, communications) planning sessions to support alignment throughout event planning and management
- Prepare appropriate surveys, metrics and reporting tools to track and monitor the performance of events
- Coordinate leads generation and post-event communications, in collaborations with communications services team
- Source and manage external agency partners when and where appropriate
- Establish budgets according to event criteria and requirements
- Travel internationally and domestically 10-15%
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.