Company Name: Intel Corporation
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a general manager to lead Intel’s Global Events team and develop a best-in-class event strategy and portfolio of proprietary and third-party events that advance business objectives and strengthen Intel’s brand across technology, corporate and employee audiences. Partnering closely with the business units, marketing, communications and sales functions, this leader will be responsible for leading the team that brings Intel’s most important events to life, from event experience design, program management and show run, to sponsorships, digital systems and tools and more.
- Lead and drive change management initiatives to create a highly productive and tightly aligned event organization (50+ people) center of expertise for the company.
- Accountable to drive demand, awareness and loyalty.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, business units, corporate functions and more to design, plan, manage and execute the company’s highest priority, strategic events.
- Deliver high impact, on-brand priority events, including event strategy and design, attendee experience and acquisition, program management and operations, execution, agency and vendor selection and oversight, contract negotiation, budget management and more.
- Provide leadership and data-driven insights into how events can help drive business growth and positively shape stakeholder perception of the brand.
- Act as an advisor to business units globally, driving global event standards and governance that align to corporate strategy and brand values.
- Grow the effectiveness and impact of events by applying market intelligence and data analytics to drive targeted approach.
- Oversee the processes, systems, tools and playbooks to help scale best practices globally and drive a consistent “One Intel” approach to events.
- Champion and support career development and growth paths for event professionals.
- Oversee global events budget.
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of event marketing and communications experience and 8+ years of experience leading teams across multiple locations
- Prior experience transforming global events strategy, portfolio and budget model to align to business objectives, and strengthen the brand with target technology/industry, corporate and employee audiences is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of event design, audience acquisition and experience, operations & execution, metrics and ROI, as well as production complexities of proprietary and third-party conferences, sales field events, employee events and more.
- Experience overseeing, developing and producing large and complex global events.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to synthesize information and data.
- Proven track record of managing a large team across multiple locations and remote locations.
- Excellent decision-making and provides the team with clear direction.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and a solid comfort level presenting to, interacting with and influencing C-suite level and executive stakeholders
- Trustworthy and credible; high-level of integrity and excellent sense of judgment
- Adept at collaborating with x-functional personnel of all levels, both internal and external to the company, to accomplish events/meeting objectives.
- Strong relationships with and experience in onboarding and managing agencies and vendors
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, and deliver under tight deadlines/time frames; prioritize workload
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally