Company Name: Aptiv
Location: Troy, MI
Type: Full Time
The Global Events Director will define our events strategy, set customer-centric campaign goals, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of virtual event platforms, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and possess a passion for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be innovative and passionate about delivering creative and well-organized physical and virtual events that help drive strong customer relationships.
- Manage logistics, work plans, relationships, and budgets
- Seek input from, and drive consensus among internal stakeholders on messaging, positioning, creative approach, and content.
- Manage vendor activity and relationships (RFQs, negotiate contracts, sponsorships, POs, billing, open items) to ensure Aptiv extracts maximum value from our investments.
- Maintain the Global Show calendar
- Lead the execution of customer tech shows, trade shows, and sponsored events for all business segments and corporate in North America
- Manage, mentor, and grow the Event Marketing team.
- Ensure events are executed on time, at budget
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent. Project Management experience, PMP, and/or CMP certification a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in the technology and/or automotive industry
- Track record of successful event management
- Experience managing live stream/webinar logistics or vendors
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and execute effectively against changing deadlines and circumstances; balance needs of multiple customers.
- Demonstrate strong multi-project management skills from developing and managing timelines/deliverables, budgets, contracts, invoices, payments, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and proactively solve challenges
- Confident and calm leader in all situations
- Willing to maintain a flexible and extended work schedule as needed to accomplish objectives
- Experience managing event staff, agencies, vendors, and freelancers
- Excellent communication skills — both written and oral — along with the ability to present information effectively to staff and members
- Ability to work with all levels and across functional lines Data-driven mindset when considering solutions and making decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Self-starter; Detail-oriented; Team player; Results-focused
- This role will sit at Aptiv’s Technical Center in Troy, Michigan.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.