Company Name: AVEVA
Location: San Leandro, CA
Type: Full Time
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals and minerals – safely, efficiently and more sustainably. We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
- Primary responsibilities include supporting the Global Events Team with the content for Global AVEVA Events
- Hold regular calls with Track Owners and follow up with speakers, to ensure all presentation materials are delivered in a timely manner.
- Support speakers through Call for Papers (CFP) process, content preparation and rehearsals.
- Update event platform as needed (e.g. track owner support, peer information requests, reporting, coaching speakers and track owners through process).
- Review preliminary drafts of submissions.
- Attend as many rehearsals as possible.
- Participate in final review of papers, rename files, and publish files to our SharePoint site.
- Be present at all in-house and major offsite events.
- Moderate Travel is required (15-20%), this may require some domestic and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
- Education: Degree or coursework in event management, hospitality, marketing, or a related field.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational abilities with exceptional attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to plan and manage timelines as well as keep other constituents on track.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in drafting professional emails, creating event materials, and interacting with diverse stakeholders.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently when required. Willingness to assist with various tasks, even those outside the scope of event planning.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving. Ability to think on your feet and handle unexpected challenges in a calm and professional manner.
- Technology Proficiency: Basic knowledge of event management software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media platforms.
- Knowledgeable about the AVEVA portfolio is a plus
- Data-driven, detail oriented and able to clearly share findings with a group to make recommendations for improvements in the future
- Able to handle stress and time pressure
- Inspire cooperation and build rapport with internal resources
$59,700.00 – $125,000.00
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.