Company Name: Siteimprove
Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul
Type: Full Time
The Global Event Manager based in Minneapolis, New York, or Toronto supports Siteimprove with strategic in-person and virtual event planning and execution. This role specifically works closely with the global and field marketing teams, with the opportunity to work with the rest of the organization. The Global Event Manager leverages expertise in project management and event execution, superior problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and a passion for excellence to create and execute on Siteimprove’s event vision.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the sponsorship strategy and overall execution of approximately 6 to 8 annual global exhibitions Siteimprove attends (virtual, hybrid, and in-person)
- Supports global program managers on coordination of complex Siteimprove virtual events and summits, with pre-event promotion and lead nurturing
- Drive strategy and framework around global events and related processes
- Review, manage, and execute event planning from beginning to end
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers, following Siteimprove processes
- Set, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities on every project
- Ensure events and exhibitions are completed without issue and be able to manage and resolve any unforeseen issues that might occur
- Analyze the success of events and drive the project postmortems and the creation of a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What we require of you
- 5+ years of experience in event planning and management, both for in-person and virtual events
- Experience with project management principles and best to ensure that event elements are organized, and event teams stay on schedule
- Excellent planning and time management
What we’ll love about you
- Successful execution and management of budgets
- Coordination of different teams and functions, while ensuring effective communication flow
- Use of KPI’s and marketing techniques for event management
- A curiosity to solve problems
In addition, we hope you’ll appreciate:
- Great and inspiring company culture. Read more about the Siteimprovers and our inclusive, people-centric culture in this section here: https://careers.siteimprove.com/culture/
- Rest and relaxation. 3+ weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, which includes 1 floating holiday of choice.
- Comprehensive benefits. National medical plan, dental, vision, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, HSA, Flex, employer-sponsored short-term, long-term disability, discounts to volunteer plans to meet your family needs, and more!
- Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
- Development opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Women, Disabled & Veterans Encouraged to Apply.