Company Name: NCR Corporation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
The Global Event Manager will execute a wide scope of corporate and customer-facing events across our midtown campus, and elsewhere, including relevant tradeshows. Event Manager creates pre-event planning decks and post event summary decks for all stakeholders and provides onsite event support.
The Global Event Manager Should Also
- Understand the NCR brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) and work with cross-functional internal teams; collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute programs and events
- Manage and contribute towards creative problem solving
Key Job Responsibilities
As an Atlanta-based Event Manager, you can expect to:
Plan and coordinate small and large events that create memorable experiences.
- Own the entire experience from beginning to end
- Plan, coordinate and oversee small and large-scale employee, corporate, and executive events whether virtual (or hybrid!), at our Global Headquarters in Midtown Atlanta or at an offsite location
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee small and large NCR-hosted customer events (virtual, physical, and hybrid)
- Plan and execute tradeshow programs for NCR (virtual, physical, and hybrid)
- Develop event plans that include all relevant workstreams (production, communications, content, creative, etc.) and ensure the plan is updated consistently
- Lead event communication cadence for planning and executing event – meetings, scheduling projects and statuses, creating project milestones
- Plan with collective events team to ensure events are properly entered, tracked, and measured
- Plan with collective events team on resource planning and support roles for during event
- Plan with onsite campus experience and catering teams to reserve meeting space, set rooms, prep/test A/V, place catering orders and manage signage placements – for larger events, plant to liaise with hotels and conference centers on major events and tradeshows
- Liaise with product marketing and event logistics staff on tradeshow booth inclusions; work with Exhibit houses on bringing the tradeshow booth to life through design
- Conduct walk-throughs and site visits as needed in respective event locations, coordinating with proper contacts and staff involved in event
- Develop event flow/run of show based on agenda, contacts, and schedule of activities throughout the event
- Work with internal and external creative and multimedia teams to create a memorable event experience through registration websites, virtual event platforms, signage, video, presentations, and other creative assets
- Collaborate and liaise with Marketing, PR, Communications, HR, Security, Global Real Estate, and other colleagues to execute and evaluate each event. Maintain strong and professional relationships with partners to drive flawless and coordinated execution
- Execute event management plan from end to end. Inform and update team, executives, staff members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle.
- Prepare budgets per event – closely manage the event budget to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate real time judgment and problem-solving surrounding event production.
- Coordinate with staff, event participants and external vendors to amplify event experiences and ensure the successful execution of an event. Develop and maintain network of vendors, venues, catering, tech, and other support services
- Conduct post‐event debriefings to:
- evaluate successful elements and challenges encountered
- Identify opportunities for future events
- Produce post-event documentation for identified stakeholders and executives.
- Continuously look at new ways to work smarter, not harder – using best practices, trends, and previous events experience
- Solid understanding of event technology
- Excellent project management skills and a desire to improve current processes
- Ability to work against strict timelines and across different time zones
- Work well on a collaborative team that supports and respects each other
- Work well with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment that sometimes requires long hours
- FRIENDLY and FUN – some may call you a natural “people person”
- Have a sense of urgency when it comes to getting the job done
- Have exceptional executive presence and ability to cultivate positive relationships with cross-functional partners and executive leaders
- Have a knack for maintaining composure and a calm appearance under pressure – with the ability to be over-accommodating when the need arises
- Knowledge of the Atlanta area and surrounding Midtown neighborhoods, hot spots, places to go, key event contacts
- Have a desire to affect change. You will take part in NCR’s exciting and rapid transformation
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on our collective success
Full Time Employee Benefits Include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.