Company Name: Luminar Technologies
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Global Events Manager to join our agile and high performance marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and executing an event strategy to drive clear product distinction and understanding of our product portfolio, increase Luminar’s market share and build brand recognition.
From global industry events like CES and IAA Mobility to white-glove executive meetings and digital events, you work collaboratively across BD, Investor Relations, Product and Engineering to showcase the products and value Luminar brings to customers. You will ensure event activations contribute to the overall strategy and deliver on business goals and objectives.
This role will also oversee all event activity from research to implementation, managing third-party vendors/agencies, and budget.
- Collaborate closely with the Marcom team to integrate and drive a global event strategy that supports business objectives and goals
- Develop and execute a wide range of events from global industry events, product launches, executive roundtables, roadshows, live streams, webinars and more
- Oversee the production process of an event from start to finish, delivering on-time and on-budget
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to integrate lidar/vehicle demonstrations into events
- Manage event website, emails, attendee information when applicable
- Manage livestream/webinar logistics or vendors when applicable
- Manage agencies, vendors and freelancers
- Mange cross-functional teams supporting events in-person
- Set KPIs and reporting metrics for events, establishing benchmarks and goals
- At least 60% travel required for launches, industry events, and trade shows
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of experience in global event management and execution
- 5+ years of experience in the technology and/or automotive industry
- Ability to develop and execute an event strategy that supports Luminar’s vision of making autonomous transportation safe and ubiquitous
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with a track record of working with cross-functional teams to ensure successful events
- Demonstrate strong multi-project management skills from development and management of timelines/deliverables, budgets, contracts, invoices, payments, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and proactively solve challenges
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and solve problems during events
- Demonstrated ability to be a confident and calm leader in all situations
- Experience managing event staff, agencies, vendors and freelancers
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.