Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These businesses range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Our web services provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost IT infrastructure platform in the cloud.
Events are one of the most important ways that we grow, connect, and inspire the Amazon Web Services (AWS) customer community. We are looking for an experienced Event Livestream Program Manager with exceptional livestream, production and project management skills to join our team to support operations on the Livestream components of our marquee events – re:Invent, re:Inforce, and re:Mars.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the livestream agenda and project timelines, this will necessitate working with stakeholders across multiple teams and aligning priorities. In addition, you will support other operational components of the livestream including creative assets, production schedules, event activations and tooling. Familiarity with software platforms and cloud computing is necessary and engineering level of knowledge is not required.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, exceptionally organized and detail-oriented and must have experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders. Understanding of both the agency-side/platform-side and client side is preferred. They will utilize their ability to effectively prioritize and project manage along with strong communication skills to support operations on events as assigned.
High preference this role sit in Seattle but also open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office, except San Francisco Area. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
- Partner with production and content owners to manage livestream schedule
- Project manage all components of livestream events to the virtual platform
- Manage tools that enable virtual platform and livestream operations management
- Support creative asset creation
- Partner with stakeholders to implement virtual or in person livestream activations
- Travel for pre-event site visits and on-site event support: Up to 25%
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management, live video delivery, or comparable production experience
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility in live production and program management and proven success delivering measurable operational results
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study OR additional 4+ years of relevant experience in event management, live video delivery, or comparable production experience
- Experience working on large scale (7k+ attendee) events.
- Experience in video technology products or services strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and deliver on multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables on time.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.