Company Name: Teradata
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Teradata is seeking a Global Meetings & Events Specialist for its Corporate Meetings and Events group. This role is responsible for the tactical planning, execution and oversight of various events, including but certainly not limited to: industry events, internal corporate events and trade shows, in addition to supporting other Teradata events and trade shows as needed. Candidate will be responsible for working within a shared services model, detailed budgeting, planning and ROI analysis. Candidate will work closely with corporate marketing, product marketing, alliances and sales to align event participation around strategic business initiatives.
- Develop unique concepts for meetings and events as well as an implementation plan, budget, specific tasks list and timeline for each event.
- Work with internal teams to execute tasks and ensure all are aware of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Assist in developing any required materials for the event, such as event plan, invitation text (mail/email), handouts, thank you letters and attendee bios.
- Set up each event in Cvent (online event planning software) and manage events through the software program – including event registration, registrant communications, budget management, recording of event attendance and final event reporting – as well as ensuring the Cvent events are integrated with TMS.
- Develop invitation list, either pull from existing databases or identify new potential invitees, track attendance and manage the database.
- Negotiate space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signage, and ensure appropriate décor (linens, color schemes).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors (hotels, food, travel, etc.).
- Act professionally and provide top customer service to guests when on-site at events.
- Provide progress reports on event registrations, attendance, final expense reports and end of event reports.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Work with accounting to handle PO and invoice processing, as well as reconcile bills after the event.
- Implement/execute other projects as assigned.
Accountability: Impact and Scope:
- Develop event budgets, obtain approval and ensure events are executed within budgets.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Undergraduate degree in a related field: hospitality management, marketing, communications or business.
- Minimum 6-8 years directly managing meetings and tradeshows in a fast-paced, high–tech organization.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Ability to work within tight project timelines and remain flexible.
- Ability to travel domestic and international as required.
- Good understanding of database management.
- Experience with Cvent or other event management software is required.
- Experience with CRM software is preferred but not required.
- Certified Meeting Planner / Certified Meeting Professional is required.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.