Company Name: Samsara
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Interested in joining a top notch marketing team? Do you love to travel? Are you extremely detail oriented and organized? We are looking for an energetic, highly organized, A-player who loves a fast paced environment and thrives on results. In this role, you will meticulously plan, execute & measure events and programs for prospective Samsara customers. In a post-covid world, you will also travel as the on-site company lead to the events and trade shows you coordinate, and engage in meaningful conversations with prospective customers as you help to educate our market on Samsara!
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for end-to-end event program planning, project management, and logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow up. This includes vendor management, budget management, event promotions, sales enablement, data cleansing/tracking, measurement, and maintenance of all assets.
- Assist sales and marketing in determining which trade shows are strategically critical, each trade show’s focus, and who should be in attendance at the show. Ensure high quality presence at each show as needed.
- Manage strategic industry association memberships and determine participation in co-marketing initiatives.
- Facilitate timely event lead processing within Salesforce, measure event impact, and develop post-event reports and insights including data cleansing, creating reports and campaigns, closed/won opportunity data capture, and campaign metric tracking.
- Manage event budget; evaluate results against goals, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Own project management tools, documentation, event calendar, and process used for managing Event Marketing programs & tradeshows.
- Drive excellence in the field event discipline, deliver events that impress and stand out from the ordinary, and do so at a scale that can connect with the breadth and personality of our audience.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2-4 years of experience in event/field marketing and project management
- 2+ years of marketing for B2B high-tech products/solutions
- 2+ years experience using a CRM or Marketing Automation platform
- 30-40% travel required for events (post-covid)
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities.