Company Name: Leica Microsystems
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Come join a fantastic team! The role is part of a high-energy, fast moving marketing team – responsible for developing, executing, and measuring exhibits and event programs within a standard work process. Position reports to the Manager, Field Marketing Americas within Leica Microsystems (LMS) and supports five separate business/product functions. The position requires strong tradeshow/event/meeting planning, project management and execution skills, as well as solid budgeting and expense tracking experience.
The Exhibits and Events Manager will be accountable for the entire exhibit/event life cycle of planning, implementation, reconciliation and follow-up/debrief. This event life cycle can include concepting, cost analysis and payments, project/budget plans, selecting/hiring vendor partners, venue sourcing/booth selection, contract negotiations, onsite support, accommodations/group housing, food and beverage, transportation, event registration, production, final billing/reconciliation.
This is a dynamic work environment with competing priorities and deadline pressures. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, collaborative, flexible, patient, results-oriented, detail-oriented, well organized, and willing to tackle concurrent tasks and projects as requested. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to adapt to urgent, last-minute challenges, yet stay focused on long-term projects and develop creative solutions as problems arise.
- Work closely with Sourcing partner to prepare contractual agreements and negotiate contract modifications
- Analyze and evaluate event contract terms and conditions to verify and confirm that they are in compliance with company policies
- Establish and maintain point of contract relationships with vendors, venues, stakeholders, and associates throughout the event life cycle
- Search for cost saving opportunities within event contracts
- Self-monitor progress on all projects and maintain management system for easy reporting
EXHIBITS & EVENT PLANNING:
- Develop and maintain national tradeshow planning schedule
- Coordinate/research/implement annual National Sales Meeting
- Coordinate/research/implement annual Sales Incentive Award Trip
- Organize and lead regular planning meetings with internal stakeholders – including marketing, business unit leaders, outside dealers/partners
- Ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met via various deliverables/action plans/timelines
- Research, evaluate and book exhibit space, based on annual National Tradeshow Schedule.
- Prepare/submit necessary Compliance Applications for all tradeshows
- Prepare/submit necessary budget approval documentation, based on LMS standard work practices
- Manage budget for national tradeshows and events, reconcile invoices in a timely manner to ensure accuracy
- Align exhibit properties with corporate brand, look/feel and messaging
- Manage all event operations – planning, executing, budgeting and wrap up
- Assess and report out on event success including KPIs, budget, etc.
EXHIBIT & EVENT LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors/suppliers – to manage existing booth property, maintain inventory or rent quality products – while identifying ongoing cost-effective options
- Procure/manage logistics requirements and deadlines for labor/show union services, show management, drayage, electric, AV, shipping, labor, catering, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Associations/Society/organizing show management
- Coordinate on-site event setup and breakdown, for tradeshows – coordinate/plan/organize after hour events or pre-show sales meetings at offsite locations in conjunction with tradeshow attendance
- Be the event onsite lead for major tradeshows and other events as assigned, to provide direction to tradeshow booth staff, executives and customers
- Bachelor Degree in marketing or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing tradeshows and events in a corporate setting
- Strong ability to manage large, daily workload
- Strong attention to detail, task-oriented
- Strong cost analysis, accounting reconciliation and budgetary responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time – in various stages
- Team player and leader who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel (approx. 5 – 7 day intervals), as required; 15-35%
- Understanding of life science or medical industry is a plus
- Ability to walk long-distances and lift and move up to 40 lb. boxes
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.