Company Name: IBM
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a core member of the Digital Workplace Engineering team, you will be expected to work autonomously and collaboratively. As our executive project manager, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
To be successful you will be asked to gain understanding of the project’s topic, establish/enhance project plan, identify team and impacted parties. In order to achieve the goals in most efficient way, provide team with clarity and transparency in goals, tasks, roadblocks, documentation and next steps. Clear communication, drive, high energy and can-do attitude are key. As an Executive Project Manager you will get help to achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
- Gain deeper understanding of the project through available resources
- Identify and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects, cross collaborate where necessary
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scope and objectives, timelines and clarity in accountability, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, measure performance, report and escalate to management as needed and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage risk and changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Establish and manage the relationships with all stakeholders and third parties/vendors
- Communicate for impact with clarity & high energy throughout the project with immediate, extended team and impacted parties
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven working experience as a project lead in the information technology sector leading complex projects, with aim at efficiency, clarity and successful timely delivery on results
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Ability to navigate complex projects in a matrix organization with strong focus on cross collaboration
- Established executive project manager, with the experience on how to navigate senior executive exposure
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for project managers
- Solid background in IT industry, with understanding or hands-on experience in leading projects covering information technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, efficient with high energy
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of tools enabling agile principles and dynamic cooperation and execution of projects, including suite of tools – Slack, Trello, Box, Jira, Microsoft Office etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.