Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
AWS is hiring an Events Project Manager on the Strategic Executive Programs team within the Global Marketing organization. This position supports a worldwide team and portfolio of marketing programs targeting the executive audience. They will work closely with leaders across the Executive Programs team, as well as, various cross-functional teams throughout the organization including the Central Events team, Field Marketing, Finance, Digital Marketing and Business Operations. Successful candidates will have a marketing or events background with expertise in Project and Program Management, and live and virtual Event/Experiences Planning. Candidate experience should include event management, project management, and content operations management. This person will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, organize effectively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements, prioritize, and bring forth ideas for process improvements.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Project manage live and virtual events and experiences ensuring a seamless customer experience.
- Support Program Managers with management of event planning components for high profile executive programs. This will include the development of workback schedules and mechanisms to measure and track key milestones, coordination of regular program meetings and subsequent tracking of follow ups.
- Liaise with Central Events team, Operations and Digital Marketing teams to support invitation and registration page development, and facilitate regular registration updates.
- Become key resource for field teams across all geo and business units, providing regular updates and addressing program related questions
- Build and maintain internal cross functional relationships in order to proactively and productively collaborate.
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, and/or similar discipline
- 4+ years experience in positions that require marketing project or program management, events planning and production, or event content management
- 4+ years experience with Excel advanced functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, building custom reports)
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex events and marketing programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust across a variety of stakeholders across a business
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Salesforce, SQL and other analytical tools. Previous experience in Business or Event Operations within Marketing is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.