Company Name: Cisco
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Socio, part of Cisco Webex, is an end-to-end platform for virtual, in-person, and hybrid event management that powers immersive, inclusive, and interactive experiences for events of all types and sizes around the globe. As part of the Webex events portfolio in the Webex Suite, Socio brings a comprehensive hybrid event management solution to a broad market of SMB to enterprise customers.
As the Events & Sponsorship Manager on the Socio marketing team, you will help secure sponsored event opportunities, including speaking engagements for our team or customers at third party events; hosting tailored events on Socio’s platforms as part of a sponsored program; and other sponsorship engagements including both virtual and in-person booths and appearances. You’ll help set up and manage the events, coordinate content and presentation decks in collaboration with content & product marketing teams, and work with customer and sales teams to arrange both customer speakers and booth staffing & activities.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced communicator who blends product expertise and strategic skill with the willingness to drive hands on, tactical execution of marketing activities. Depending on the then-current travel policies, this role may require 5-20% travel per quarter.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute event & sponsorship marketing plans (webinars, virtual events, partnerships, trade shows, and other sponsorships) – within budget – to support growth goals for acquisition, brand amplification, pipeline expansion and revenue.
- Research and evaluate industry events, marketing opportunities, and sponsorships based on Socio’s objectives and target ICPs to build our marketing and program calendars.
- Help plan & host Socio “owned” events, including webinars and other virtual (and eventually, hybrid/in-person) events, using Socio’s platform.
- Develop and formulate speaking opportunity topics and talk tracks (as well as full scripts in some situations).
- Source and handle external and internal speakers for sponsored speaking opportunities.
- Manage partner relationships with industry influencers and associations.
- Lead account-based marketing activities, in partnership with sales, including identifying target accounts, developing strategy, implementing campaigns with the support of cross-functional teams.
- Lead sponsorship & event coordination including strategy, event messaging/marketing, partner/speaker outreach, speaker topics and talk tracks, vendor relations, booth planning, registration, production, & logistics.
- Strategize, order, and deliver promotion items to support sales & events, including direct mail.
- Maintain event and campaign documents – budgets, calendars, checklists, run-of-shows, etc.
- Own and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, ensuring clear and proactive communication to meet deadlines.
- Develop and execute performance reporting to be shared across the sales and marketing teams.
Who You’ll Work With
This is an opportunity to work with a versatile Marketing department, specifically our Field & Event Marketing group. As a member of the Socio marketing team, you will also be a part of the Webex Marketing team. The team supports multiple organizations and stakeholders. You will partner with groups such as Cisco Global Events, Socio & Cisco Sales, Customer Success and Product teams, and Other Cross-Functional Organizations.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for communications, marketing or business.
- 5+ years managing Event or Field Marketing/Demand Generation programs within a SaaS environment.
- Deep expertise in event marketing best practices and software.
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data-driven results.
- Strong speaker and speaking session creation and management.
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, ABM, lead generation and sales processes.
- Passion for data and metrics to drive business decisions.
- Flourish with creativity and have a passion for building unique attendee experiences.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.